Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #21
bsmith0404

I measured mine by hooking up while still in the storage facility which is a nice level concrete pad, lay a 10' 2x4 across the front AC (highest point) and measuring down to the ground on both sides then average the measurements. By measuring both sides and taking an average, I account for any lean of the 2x4, plus I can do the entire process alone.

If a person doesn't want to go through all of that, an easy way is to have someone hold the end of the tape measure on the ground, put a 4' level at your highest point and measure up to it. Even if you have to eyeball it a bit, it gets you close enough. If you measure 13'5" and try going under an overhang marked at 13'6", you're crazy. Since most people will give themselves some cushion for comfort, this will be close enough.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #22
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I measured mine by hooking up while still in the storage facility which is a nice level concrete pad, lay a 10' 2x4 across the front AC (highest point) and measuring down to the ground on both sides then average the measurements. By measuring both sides and taking an average, I account for any lean of the 2x4, plus I can do the entire process alone.

If a person doesn't want to go through all of that, an easy way is to have someone hold the end of the tape measure on the ground, put a 4' level at your highest point and measure up to it. Even if you have to eyeball it a bit, it gets you close enough. If you measure 13'5" and try going under an overhang marked at 13'6", you're crazy. Since most people will give themselves some cushion for comfort, this will be close enough.
However it is measured, I think it should be measured (without a water load and if a toy hauler, with toys in the garage) and then use a 4" pad for unforeseen circumstances.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #23
darrylwt

Does anyone know how high the 2015 305RL Montana HC is with the front AC Keystones says 12'9" but I think that is with one AC?
with 5" exhaust system
2015 Keystone Montana HC 305RL
650 Watt Solar panels, 4 6volt T-105
Go power 3000 inverter.
darrylwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylwt View Post
Does anyone know how high the 2015 305RL Montana HC is with the front AC Keystones says 12'9" but I think that is with one AC?
With a Dometic Penguin it will be in the neighborhood of 13'2". With the Advent or standard Brisk Air, ~4" higher. This is based on our 343RL. As I said above, it also depends on your TV's setup, RV's suspension and whether you tow nose high as many seem to do these days.

Your best bet though is to do an actual measurement of your 5er just to be sure
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #25
Pull Toy

Just got written reply from Keystone.

On our rig dual A/Cs are standard....

"Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. If there has been an update in our brochures, then yes there has been changes to the most recent year of unit. If your unit is a 2013, only that year of brochure will be compatible for your unit."

Huh?

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote