Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
Sundown08

AC Question

Hi Everyone:

We have a 2015 Big Sky 379RL. The Air Conditioner in the bedroom seems to be cycling too much. It will run for a few minutes and then shut down and show the hourglass on the controller. After a couple of minutes the hourglass will go off and the AC will re-start and run for 2 - 3 minutes and then shut down again. There are two air intakes in the bedroom. I have removed the covers on both and cleaned the filters. From the Front/bedroom AC there are two AC vents in the bedroom, one in the hall and one in the bathroom. When the AC is running all are putting out good airflow and nice cold air. I also pulled the cover on the AC and checked the cooling fins. They are all clean.

When I check the actual temperature in the room Vs the set point it always seems high. An example is the set point was 74. Actual Zone temp indicated on the controller was 81. Outside air temperature was 89. I am thinking of putting a small thermometer in the bedroom to see what the actual temperature is. The main air in the living room/kitchen area seems to run constantly and only occasionally stops. I am thinking if the front AC ran more it would help keep the rig cooler. Tonight I will be pulling the cover on the sensor on the bedroom ceiling to see if all looks OK. I am also going to aim the AC vents away from the sensor as much as I can to make sure they are not blowing on the sensor. Our AC is the Quiet Cool air conditioning system with heat pump. The heat pump is in the main AC not the Bedroom.

Sorry if this is long winded just trying to give as much info as I can. Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Sundown08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
bobbecky

With ours, we set the fan control to LOW, and let it run. The constant fan seems to keep the air moving, and at night, we don't hear the compressor cycling.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Sundown08

Hi Bob and Becky:

Thanks so much for the reply. We will give that a try.

Best regards,

Steve
Sundown08 is offline   Reply With Quote