Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #41
CaptnJohn

If they want it they will get it. Insurance is the best thing to have, including contents. There is not a lock made that an experienced picker cannot open in less than 90 seconds. Locking the brakes ~~ if stealing an RV they know how to disconnect the battery or which wires to cut, including at the axels. A good thief will have bolt cutters with him as well, so much for chains. If they get it and have it more than 24 hours you do not want it back anyway. Gone, be happy and get a new one. Broken into and damaged is worse IMO. An alarm may only cause them to hurry and do more damage. Believe me, anything you can think of they have come into contact with and know how to get past it. Get them POed and they may come back another day and burn it or blow it up.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:10 AM   #42
BuxCamper

I run a Master Lock Cobra cable lock through two of my tires. You want to make things so inconvenient for a thief that he/she goes somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
195rb, keystone, passport