Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2023, 05:58 PM   #1
PickleCat

Cracked odd size Tub 30x43

2012 Keystone Vantage, step-tub is cracked and I can not locate a replacement. Orginal to the trailer is the “Super Suite” 30” x 43” step tub that has cracked in the pan due to poor support. I haven’t been able to locate the tub manufacture as the trailer was bought second hand and none of the manufacture literature included. I have used the site search feature and combed the forums with no luck. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.
PickleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 06:33 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Try this link: https://www.trekwood.com/products/26...rain-Parchment

They may have access to an OEM or maybe a "remold from the original". Keep in mind that shipping from Trekwood (Tiara RV in Elkhart, IN) is going to be extremely expensive, so you may benefit from trying to get information from them and possibly finding an RV dealer/parts distributor closer to your location and see if they can locate the tub for you.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:34 PM   #3
PickleCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
They may have access to an OEM or maybe a "remold from the original". Keep in mind that shipping from Trekwood (Tiara RV in Elkhart, IN) is going to be extremely expensive, so you may benefit from trying to get information from them and possibly finding an RV dealer/parts distributor closer to your location and see if they can locate the tub for you.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!
THATS IT!!! A great step in the right direction
Old 11-07-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Try this link: https://www.trekwood.com/products/26...rain-Parchment

GOOD LUCK !!!!!
I dunno John, sounds like it might be a perfect excuse for a ROAD TRIP!

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 02:38 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
I dunno John, sounds like it might be a perfect excuse for a ROAD TRIP!
For me, I totally agree.... Heck, just a 4 day trip to the "world's largest flea market" in Shipshewana, which is only 20 miles from Elkhart (Trekwood's location), with reservations at Elkhart Campground, which is 2 blocks from Trekwood (Tiara RV Sales).

Maybe spend a day at the RV Hall of Fame and Museum which is about halfway between the campground and the flea market....

Heck, Keystone's main plant is only about 20 miles from Elkhart, located in Goshen. Make it a 5 day trip and spend a day taking in a factory tour or maybe two, depending on scheduling.

About the only "roadblock" would be coordinating the delivery from "Trekwood's supplier" to "Trekwood" and them making sure it was "drop-shipped" to the parts department at Tiara when you're ready to pick it up.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-07-2023, 06:24 PM   #6
PickleCat

[QUOTE=Heck, just a 4 day trip to the "world's largest flea market" in Shipshewana, which is only 20 miles from Elkhart (Trekwood's location), with reservations at Elkhart Campground, which is 2 blocks from Trekwood (Tiara RV Sales).

Maybe spend a day at the RV Hall of Fame and Museum which is about halfway between the campground and the flea market....

Heck, Keystone's main plant is only about 20 miles from Elkhart, located in Goshen. Make it a 5 day trip and spend a day taking in a factory tour or maybe two, depending on scheduling.]

Ummmm, YES!! I had no idea all this was up there, AND in such close proximity to each other. Elkhart is about 8 hours from me. With you laying out the itinerary, I just need to pin down some dates after reaching out to Trekwood and order the part!
Old 11-08-2023, 06:34 AM   #7
dutchmensport

Make sure that "road trip" includes visiting "Das Dutchmen Essenhaus" in Middlebury, Indiana. It's a dining experience you'll never forget. All Amish, home style "comfort" food, lots of little shops to visit, and they make their own noodles there. Enjoy the live performance theater (if you get tickets), take a ride on the horse and carriage, walk the grounds, and take home lots of nick-nacks and memories. You can spend a day there easy.

We live about 135 miles (most direct route) from there and we make it a point to go there at least once a year, just for the food. We'll drive up, eat, spend some money on "stuff" and come home. We stayed in the motel there one year in the winter months. Just be prepared to part with some money! Everything screams at you .... "TAKE ME HOME WITH YOU!" But, that's the fun of it!
Old 11-08-2023, 07:23 AM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
For me, I totally agree.... Heck, just a 4 day trip to the "world's largest flea market" in Shipshewana, which is only 20 miles from Elkhart (Trekwood's location), with reservations at Elkhart Campground, which is 2 blocks from Trekwood (Tiara RV Sales).

Heck, Keystone's main plant is only about 20 miles from Elkhart, located in Goshen. Make it a 5 day trip and spend a day taking in a factory tour or maybe two, depending on scheduling.

About the only "roadblock" would be coordinating the delivery from "Trekwood's supplier" to "Trekwood" and them making sure it was "drop-shipped" to the parts department at Tiara when you're ready to pick it up.
And could easily spend the day in Bontragers Rv Surplus in Sturgis Michigan which is not too far away either. You wouldn't believe the stuff you might find there, possibly even your tub.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:45 AM   #9
PickleCat

Well, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7543.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	45649 still on the hunt as Trekwood responded. Maybe Bontragers RV surplus has something that could fit, thanks for the next lead Travelin Texans!
Old 11-08-2023, 11:46 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Are you "hard set to have an exact replacement tub? If not, how about a walk in shower with a 3 panel plastic/glass shower door, or even a shower curtain ???

Many new RV floorplans are moving away from tubs and going to walk in showers or "shallow walk in tubs" with a 6" tub depth rather than the 14-18" tubs used in older models.

Maybe a walk in shower would be a better option ?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-08-2023, 12:42 PM   #11
PickleCat

Quote:
Are you "hard set to have an exact replacement tub? If not, how about a walk in shower with a 3 panel plastic/glass shower door, or even a shower curtain ???

Many new RV floorplans are moving away from tubs and going to walk in showers or "shallow walk in tubs" with a 6" tub depth rather than the 14-18" tubs used in older models.

Maybe a walk in shower would be a better option ?
Honestly, I’m not married to the step tub. I was just looking for ease and simplicity in replacement. Not looking for extensive modifications. I would want to take advantage of all the space available currently though.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:57 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Without knowing more about your actual tub configuration, it would be difficult to make any suggestions on options you could install. Some tubs have a "step in them" that covers part of a wheelwell, other tubs have a step that's "empty under that area". Some have drains above the floor and the tub is "raised to accommodate that drain plumbing, others have all the plumbing under the floor and the tub floor sits "directly on the trailer floor...

So, without knowing what's under your tub, how it's installed, how the tub surround would have to be configured to "work around any obstacles" it would be "next to impossible" to make any "look at these parts, they ought to fit without any modifications"....

No doubt, there are probably tubs that would fit (it's just knowing who supplies them, and I don't know that information) and there are shower pans that would easily fit to give you as much, maybe more actual square footage of shower floor space, but depending on what's under that tub, you may not be able to find a flat shower pan that matches the stuff under that step in the existing tub and you may have problems trying to adapt a shower surround to cover what's under your tub.

Then again, there may be nothing under there and all my worry is unfounded....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
rack