Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
Mike&Selena

Newbie from Western Washington

Hello, we just purchased a Keystone Passport 2670bhwe. We pick it up tomorrow morning. Our tow vehicle is a fairly plain Jane, 2013 F150, Ecoboost, Supercrew XLT. This has a tow package, but not the max tow package with the 3.73 gearing, we have the 3.55.

Aside from hauling Ditch Witch tractors around the state of Idaho in my teen years, the only trailer experience I have is with a little Coleman Sedona tent trailer. So, I'm a little nervous about navigating urban streets and campgrounds with this trailer.

After we pick up the trailer tomorrow we will be going to a very large parking lot in the area to practice these skills. Then, we are going to a very local rv park with the kids to practice camping and get a feel for setting up, and using this puppy.

I'll post some questions to the other forum, but feel free to message me any tips, resources, or things we should know. We live in the Seattle area.

Mike and Selena
Mike&Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
cw3jason

I had a similar setup with my Crossroads 28BH and Ford F150. Some things to consider, Change the P rated tires to LT for a stiffer sidewall and less sway. Use a good WD hitch with sway control( ie Equalizer 4 point sway control) Also consider Firestone work right or Timbrens, or maybe even airbags to keep your rear end from sagging to much.

Just some ideas if you care to use them. Have a great time and enjoy your new trailer.
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Harleyhop

to the forum and congrats on the new rig
Old 02-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congrats on the new rig as well! cw3jason had some great tips. Be sure you get the WD hitch and stiffer tires.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
14george

from W Va congrats
Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 PM   #6
Tbos

Newbie from Western Washington

Welcome to the forum. The 2670 was on our short list. It is a nice unit. Your truck should tow it fine. The WD hitch is a must. I'm upgrading my truck tires when the OEM finally wear out. Have fun and enjoy. Post pictures when you can.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
Mike&Selena

Thank you! (Inspection List Paid Dividends)

Just want to say thank you. We had our pre-delivery inspection Saturday morning. Things were going great until I had them show me how to turn the dinette into a bed. When they had the cushions off, he showed us the under seat storage...

There was significant water and mold (black, white, and green). Dealer tried initially to tell me it was from shampooing carpet. Neither my wife or myself appreciated that explanation.

They, said it was due to poor sealing of both the upper and lower brackets that the slide out cables are connected to. We took a walk around the lot, and noticed, that quite a few units had screws that were not fully seated, and were driven in at odd angles.

Anyway, I don't feel comfortable taking a unit that has mold in it from before day 1. Even though they say it is fixed and as good as new now.

We visited another dealer on Saturday. We told them what happened and showed us their passports. A longer model had mold in the exact same place. Floor was dry in this one though. More mold. These are Western Editions, but I don't believe 2 units at two different lots are a "fluke". Dealer didn't seem to bothered by it though. We decided to pursue a different brand.

So, we pick up our new trailer next week. Fingers crossed this one goes smoother.

Mike and Selena
Mike&Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #8
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Selena View Post
Just want to say thank you. We had our pre-delivery inspection Saturday morning. Things were going great until I had them show me how to turn the dinette into a bed. When they had the cushions off, he showed us the under seat storage...

There was significant water and mold (black, white, and green). Dealer tried initially to tell me it was from shampooing carpet. Neither my wife or myself appreciated that explanation.

They, said it was due to poor sealing of both the upper and lower brackets that the slide out cables are connected to. We took a walk around the lot, and noticed, that quite a few units had screws that were not fully seated, and were driven in at odd angles.

Anyway, I don't feel comfortable taking a unit that has mold in it from before day 1. Even though they say it is fixed and as good as new now.

We visited another dealer on Saturday. We told them what happened and showed us their passports. A longer model had mold in the exact same place. Floor was dry in this one though. More mold. These are Western Editions, but I don't believe 2 units at two different lots are a "fluke". Dealer didn't seem to bothered by it though. We decided to pursue a different brand.

So, we pick up our new trailer next week. Fingers crossed this one goes smoother.

Mike and Selena

Wow, you made a good decision not buying a TT with mold in it from day one. What did you decide to buy?
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote