Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #21
CJW8

Saddensam,

Yep, that is the one. Thanks.
CJW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #22
hdrolling

Mine has two A/C's but the bedroom is a manual coleman (13,000 I think?, That might be why our campers are configured differently?

I'd love to see how you mount the garage TV outside, I see in the storage it has the cable and power outlets but I don't see a mount? Could one of you post a pic of your outside TV mount please.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #23
Drew Waller

Tires

Just blew my second tire on my 2013 332 TS. Wiped out my leveling system hydraulic lines on right side! Made a temp repair to keep going on the trip. What is the best tire to get for this Raptor Toy-hauler? I'm buying a new set (4) on the road and what would everybody recommend?

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #24
1jeep

wish I had read all the tire issues before I took delivery of my carbon, I went though this years ago when we bought our 07 outback, but back then keystone recalled the tires and put goodyears on. those only lasted a year before exploding apart on the highway. I was told that the pressure being set at max load was too high.
I checked the pressure on the new trailer and found them all at 83lbs, tire states 80 max so I dropped them to 75, I don't max out the load in the trailer.

I still don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about these china tires.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #25
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Waller View Post
Just blew my second tire on my 2013 332 TS. Wiped out my leveling system hydraulic lines on right side! Made a temp repair to keep going on the trip. What is the best tire to get for this Raptor Toy-hauler? I'm buying a new set (4) on the road and what would everybody recommend?
After reading all the posts on here and seeing my father-in-law go through several blowouts on two different toy haulers I changed out the tires on mine shortly after taking delivery of it. There are lots of discussions on here with opinions about what is best and what you can and can't do. I chose to go with the Taskmaster Provider F835 G rated tires on mine. Be sure to check that your wheels are rated for 110 PSI before going to G rated tires. I've only got one real trip with them on the trailer so can't give you any feedback on how they hold up over time. I can say that they are substantially more heavy duty compared to the stock E tires I pulled off. The thread specifically talking about these tires is here.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #26
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Mine has two A/C's but the bedroom is a manual coleman (13,000 I think?, That might be why our campers are configured differently?

I'd love to see how you mount the garage TV outside, I see in the storage it has the cable and power outlets but I don't see a mount? Could one of you post a pic of your outside TV mount please.
I have yet to move mine to the outside location but did check out the mount on mine during the initial walk through. I don't have a picture handy but just under the cable and power outlets I have a small plate mounted to the wall. The arm the garage TV is mounted on is supposed to be able to release from the same plate in the garage location and hook into the plate in the pass through compartment. I can take a picture of mine tonight if I remember.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #27
hdrolling

Quote:
After losing a tire and wheel I ordered the new matching wheel and all new maxxis 8008's E rated tires for mine. Great tires!

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 07-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #28
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensam View Post
I have yet to move mine to the outside location but did check out the mount on mine during the initial walk through. I don't have a picture handy but just under the cable and power outlets I have a small plate mounted to the wall. The arm the garage TV is mounted on is supposed to be able to release from the same plate in the garage location and hook into the plate in the pass through compartment. I can take a picture of mine tonight if I remember.
Here are the pictures of the outdoor setup for mine. I included shots of the garage brackets, the pass through bracket and connections, the TV mounted on the pass through bracket, and a close up of the TV bracket mounted outside. It is probably not a feature I'll use very often if at all but it is quick and easy to move the TV from one to the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GarageBracket.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	8968   Click image for larger version

Name:	PassThroughBracket.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	8969   Click image for larger version

Name:	TVOutSide.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	8970   Click image for larger version

Name:	PassThroughBracket2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	8971  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:50 AM   #29
hdrolling

Quote:
Here are the pictures of the outdoor setup for mine. I included shots of the garage brackets, the pass through bracket and connections, the TV mounted on the pass through bracket, and a close up of the TV bracket mounted outside. It is probably not a feature I'll use very often if at all but it is quick and easy to move the TV from one to the other.
Thanks, that's perfect. My garage TV is mounted above the washer/dryer prep below the loft, looks like yours is attached to the loft. This location works for us because we sit at the dining table in the garage a lot so we can use our laptops, I would think being mounted on the lloft would only make viewing from the top garage bunk easier.

I have to find that one TV mount bracket you have mounted in the storage and the rest of mine is the same as your just mounted lower.

Now I have to ask about the sliding storage rack, was that there or did you install that?

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 07-03-2015, 05:55 AM   #30
hdrolling

I'm pretty sure this is the correct storage TV bracket, for $21 I can't believe they didn't have it installed already. Everything else is mounted in the storage IE.. cable, 110 v and 12v outlets.

http://www.trekwood.com/products/448...For-KRV-309694

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 07-03-2015, 06:46 AM   #31
suddensam

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is the correct storage TV bracket, for $21 I can't believe they didn't have it installed already. Everything else is mounted in the storage IE.. cable, 110 v and 12v outlets.

http://www.trekwood.com/products/448...For-KRV-309694
That looks like the right bracket to me also.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #32
suddensam

Quote:
Thanks, that's perfect. My garage TV is mounted above the washer/dryer prep below the loft, looks like yours is attached to the loft. This location works for us because we sit at the dining table in the garage a lot so we can use our laptops, I would think being mounted on the lloft would only make viewing from the top garage bunk easier.

I have to find that one TV mount bracket you have mounted in the storage and the rest of mine is the same as your just mounted lower.

Now I have to ask about the sliding storage rack, was that there or did you install that?
We don't use the TV's that much so having it up high out of the way isn't a problem for me.

The sliding storage rack was a pre-installed option. It is good and bad. The good is it is heavy duty and rolls in and out very smooth. Even when I have crawled in there to work on stuff it still slides nice and smooth. The bad is it reduces the available storage area by about 20% give or take. If you are trying to get a lot of stuff into the pass through you will get less in with the sliding rack but it is nice to slide it out and be able to reach things.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #33
hdrolling

Quote:
We don't use the TV's that much so having it up high out of the way isn't a problem for me.

The sliding storage rack was a pre-installed option. It is good and bad. The good is it is heavy duty and rolls in and out very smooth. Even when I have crawled in there to work on stuff it still slides nice and smooth. The bad is it reduces the available storage area by about 20% give or take. If you are trying to get a lot of stuff into the pass through you will get less in with the sliding rack but it is nice to slide it out and be able to reach things.
Good to know about the sliding rack, we keep our storage pretty packed. And with our kids the TV's all get used pretty regular at night with the garage being their bedroom/laundry room/dining room.

The TV mount is ordered and on it's way, I think a little fresh mountain air while watching the game outside will be great every once in a while.

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 07-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #34
Hutchise

Speakers in living room

Hello, I have a question. I have a 2016 Keystone Raptor 332ts and can not find out how to play the Sony Stereo through the soundbar if it is even possible. I assume that is where the system plays music since there are no external speakers in the living room. Thanks
Hutchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #35
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchise View Post
Hello, I have a question. I have a 2016 Keystone Raptor 332ts and can not find out how to play the Sony Stereo through the soundbar if it is even possible. I assume that is where the system plays music since there are no external speakers in the living room. Thanks
I had a couple of issues getting this to work in my 2015 but it should play through the Aux input on the sound bar. First the auxiliary in connector at the sound bar was broken so I only got one channel until I fixed that. Even after fixing that I had to turn the volume up pretty loud on both the sound bar and sony to hear anything. I added a pre-amp to the aux input which fixed it for me. here is a link to the write up I did on that. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...t=17108&page=5
Old 07-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #36
gtsum2

My stereo plays through sound bar by using the aux input on the sound bar. D. In is the source for the TV
Old 07-14-2015, 03:09 AM   #37
BlueknightWI

I am wondering if these tires you guys are all blowing out and complaining about are the Arisun brand? That is what came on my Impact, and I just want to be watchful if this is the brand you all call China Bombs. Also, how many miles are you getting before these blow out?

Quote:
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #38
Drew Waller

Tires blowing out

Less than 6000 miles on mine. I've owned several tow type trailers and fifth wheels and this is the first blowout I've ever had on a new trailer! Oh yes I preflight my rigs always before taking off, old pilots habit! There was no reason for the first blowout last year when my rig (332TS) was 8 months old, which caused no trailer damage. I personally think these tires should be recalled and replaced��. It is a safety issue on the road which should be handled by quality control of the manufactures. I just had $3500.00 damage to my new 332TS from this 2nd blowout. I didn't wreck it either! The damage came from the tire exploding and the flinging parts of the tire took out my hydraulics on my leveling system plus removed my seal and undercarriage insulation. I'm not a happy camper. And oh yes I drive at 1500 to 1650 RPM (60-62 mph) where I get my best fuel mileage on my Duramax.��

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
TrailAir Tri-Glide
Old 07-14-2015, 04:20 AM   #39
gtsum2

I have the Arisun's on mine and so far so good. Just did a 2600 mile trip and they look good. Hopefully they hold up (being g rated tire and all)
Old 07-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #40
Drew Waller

G Rated

You have the new G rated tires on your 2015 which was a change. We have E rated at 3540 lbs per tire. Let us know of any problems. I just today put on Carslie F rated at 3940 lbs.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
TrailAir Tri-Glide