Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
alpine 1

Loving it large in an Alpine

WELL; we did it first trip with the new alpine 3500re 5er and man o man this thing is so sweet pulls like a dream and set's up in Min's had a cold one in my hand in on time and my DW love's it too
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
allentx1

Is this your first RV? I only ask that because the longer you have it, the more "crap" you will accumulate. Pretty soon you have to get out the hanging lights, kids rope ladder, find tree, attach rope ladder to said tree, find a limb and hit yourself in the head while trying to throw the rope over the limb for the rope swing, then unroll the mat that DW wanted that is about 4 sizes too big for any camper, find the collapsable trash can, now find the bags, get the cooler out of truck bed, get a beer, set it down in sun, forget about it, then move onto the 243 chairs that need to come out even though there are only 4 of you, fire tools, fire wood, get bikes off the back rack, cuss about the loss of air pressure, look for air pump, find a pocket knife you had lost remember your semi warm beer and take a seat... then the DW needs you inside to help the kids "get in gear". I wouldn't have it any other way. Glad your first trip was pleasant.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
hovanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentx1 View Post
Is this your first RV? I only ask that because the longer you have it, the more "crap" you will accumulate. Pretty soon you have to get out the hanging lights, kids rope ladder, find tree, attach rope ladder to said tree, find a limb and hit yourself in the head while trying to throw the rope over the limb for the rope swing, then unroll the mat that DW wanted that is about 4 sizes too big for any camper, find the collapsable trash can, now find the bags, get the cooler out of truck bed, get a beer, set it down in sun, forget about it, then move onto the 243 chairs that need to come out even though there are only 4 of you, fire tools, fire wood, get bikes off the back rack, cuss about the loss of air pressure, look for air pump, find a pocket knife you had lost remember your semi warm beer and take a seat... then the DW needs you inside to help the kids "get in gear". I wouldn't have it any other way. Glad your first trip was pleasant.
All of this is so true LOL. Im sure my 5'er gains 10 pounds every trip we take. I love the chair comment my DW has 3 chairs just for her, you would think they were shoes. every time she sees the newest chair on the market she has to have one.

I would much rather not have something and improvise if we need it, than pack it around for a few years before we even have a need to use the said item.

OP good luck keeping your trips simple and remember no matter how complicated it gets it will still be the most fun you can have.
hovanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
2011 keystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentx1 View Post
This is one of the best comments I have read in a long time
And as already stated sooooo true
As long as your still having fun PACK IT ALL!!!
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Alpinecummin

All the above comments are soooooooo true! We just got off of a trip and stopped at CW and added more weight to our unit.

I was at the local Alpine dealership today to purchase some light bulbs, and I went on the lot and looked at a 3500. Nice rig! Have fun camping!

1977 Avon
2003 Jayco Designer 32FKS
2011 Alpine 3640RL
2007 Dodge 3500
Alpinecummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
rhagfo

Once again Welcome and like to see your are enjoying your new 5er!

I love the statements below as each has their merit, and all are great welcomes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovanic View Post
All of this is so true LOL. Im sure my 5'er gains 10 pounds every trip we take. I love the chair comment my DW has 3 chairs just for her, you would think they were shoes. every time she sees the newest chair on the market she has to have one.

I would much rather not have something and improvise if we need it, than pack it around for a few years before we even have a need to use the said item.

OP good luck keeping your trips simple and remember no matter how complicated it gets it will still be the most fun you can have.
I love the chair comets also, DW has her eye on the soft plush folding chair at CW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 keystone View Post
This is one of the best comments I have read in a long time
And as already stated sooooo true
As long as your still having fun PACK IT ALL!!!
As long as the last line always holds true all of the rest of it is worth it.

Happy camping.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote