Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
the_owl

Jensen iNCommand question

I have a 2017 Fuzion with the iNCommand pro plus unit.
Can the low voltage monitor/alert be set to trigger the generator? I see theres a bunch 12v triggers in this unit. Didnt find much help on the ASA electronics website.
thanks
A
the_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Aorobie

That would be nice to know as my 2017 Fuzion has had low voltage issue while dry camping
Aorobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
MattHelm21

I'm fairly certain the system can't do what you want. That capability was never mentioned to me when I made the request of the dealer to have an auto start installed in our rig. We have the In-Command Pro plus also and had this installed:

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...-AGS-S_Web.pdf

It will monitor the battery bank voltage and if it drops below a preset level, it will start the generator and run it for 2 hours. Then it will shut down and go back to monitoring. Onan actually makes one of these as well which can interface directly with your thermostat and start the generator if it calls for A/C as well is if battery voltage drops.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
the_owl

Ive seen the magnums and even the older EC30W Onan pieces. I guess the term is AGS after a night of googling.
If the low voltage alert was an output, I could do this myself with a raspberry pi and a little programming. Seems like a no brainer with all the incommand has in place.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
I have a 2017 Fuzion with the iNCommand pro plus unit.
Can the low voltage monitor/alert be set to trigger the generator? I see theres a bunch 12v triggers in this unit. Didnt find much help on the ASA electronics website.
thanks
A
I have no knowledge of this In Command Unit but if those triggers you referenced provide some form of interface to the outside, such as rely contacts it has potential to control/interface to other systems You would need to build that interface. There are other separate generator systems that will monitor and control the generator. One was presented by Matt, Onan has their own wireless plug and plug system EC-30W, heard installation time was about 30 minutes. From what I seen pretty has a lot of monitoring. Looks little more fancy and expensive (~2X) from what Matt had. Onan consists of their remote, a controller, and a breakout cable. With this wireless Onan version would not take much to move from rig to rig assuming both use Onan generators
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
MattHelm21

Just remember if you do set up an AGS successfully it is important to put warning stickers on the Generator and near the arming switch to warn any service techs who work on your rig that the system is in place. I've already caught myself leaving it armed when I didn't mean to. Having the generator start in the middle of service would give me a nasty shock.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 AM   #7
xcntrk

Quote:
If the low voltage alert was an output, I could do this myself with a raspberry pi and a little programming. Seems like a no brainer with all the incommand has in place.
Community code exists for voltage monitoring. See Github project PiCheckVoltage. It would be the rest of the generator start function that seems challenging. Most notably the whole crank cycle. How to know when the generator has fired to release the starter circuit, etc.

If it were me, I would go the AGS system route for sure.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:23 AM   #8
the_owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk View Post
Community code exists for voltage monitoring. See Github project PiCheckVoltage. It would be the rest of the generator start function that seems challenging. Most notably the whole crank cycle. How to know when the generator has fired to release the starter circuit, etc.

If it were me, I would go the AGS system route for sure.
It seems likethe ags is the way to go.But the reason for wanting to use the incommand would be to not have to worry about crank cycle and such since the incommand already handles all gennie monitoring and functions.
Id really like to find the Onan wireless unit that was discontinued
Old 02-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
MattHelm21

Actually, the iN·Command doesn't handle all gennie monitoring and functions, specifically the crank cycle. That is still up to us, the users of the system to decide how much to prime and when to press and release the start circuit. All that functionality exists within the Onan generator but the iN·Command doesn't monitor it so can't do what you ask. As an exercise, you could probably build something with schematics for the genset and interfaces and a Rasberry Pi as you suggested but I'm sure the AGS is cheaper and more reliable in the long run.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #10
the_owl

I got word back from ASA Electronics via email. They said it currently doesnt support this, but... check back in a few months for a software update.
hmm
Old 02-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #11
the_owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Actually, the iN·Command doesn't handle all gennie monitoring and functions, specifically the crank cycle. That is still up to us, the users of the system to decide how much to prime and when to press and release the start circuit. All that functionality exists within the Onan generator but the iN·Command doesn't monitor it so can't do what you ask. As an exercise, you could probably build something with schematics for the genset and interfaces and a Rasberry Pi as you suggested but I'm sure the AGS is cheaper and more reliable in the long run.
Crank cycle would probably be easy enough with a 5 second rule or so. either doesnt start or it does. Kind of how we do it anyway. I wouldnt keep cranking my gennie much passed that if it didnt go.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #12
MattHelm21

I don't know that the wireless unit has been discontinued. Do you mean the EC-30W? It is still in the accessories PDF on the Cummins power generation site for RV accessories:

http://power.cummins.com/sites/defau...ures/f-832.pdf
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #13
the_owl

According to them, it was discontinued in 2015. EC-30W.
A smartphone replacement is in the works.
googlevich comes back with very few recent results, and no units for sale
Old 02-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #14
xcntrk

Quote:
but... check back in a few months for a software update.
hmm
Which presents a whole other set of problems. I bricked my control unit trying to update the system. Had to send the remote controller display back to ASA to be restored. They promptly updated their website and firmware images following this fiasco.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #15
Family of 7

Does the InCommand control the rear jacks? Mine only does the front jacks. I have a 2016 352TS. My BCM override won't control the front or rear even though there is a dial and switch.
Family of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #16
mj5150

Off topic, sorta....does anyone know the default engineer pass code?
Mine asks for it when I go to the setup menu.
I asked Keystone. They told me to take it to a dealer to be calibrated.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #17
MattHelm21

See post #7 in this thread:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...highlight=Code
Old 09-06-2017, 04:04 AM   #18
Tinner12002

My 2018 Raptor came with the auto start, suppose to cycle 3 times then drop the request. When started, its suppose to run for 60min.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #19
Ddubya

The code is 5391

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen