Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Mike O

Red face Pinstripes

Oh boy! I think I screwed up BIG TIME! The pinstriping on my Laredo was cracking and peeling. I got the great idea I would just remove them with a pinstripe remover by 3m on a drill. Well the pinstripes came off easy enough but a quarter of the way through I realized there was that gawd awful white image where the pinstripes were. So in short I still have pinstripes they're just harder to see NOW! Anyone know what my options are before I take it to the body shop?
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
f6bits

Get new pinstripe decals. It's cheaper than a body shop.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
BulletOwner1

I had a similar problem with my boat. I removed the stripes, used hair dryer, and researched replacing them. I the area we were located there was a guy that supplied body shops with all manner of colors and sizes of striping. You could check with the body shops near you and find out. It would be a lot cheaper than having the body shop do it. In my case the wife and I actually liked the cleaner look of no stripes. If you look close you can see where they were but over all it looks better.

You may try some cleaner/wax on your RV and make the "stripe" less apparent. Meguiars makes a couple of products I highly recommend, One Step Cleaner Wax #50, and Oxidation Remover/Heavy Duty Cleaner #49. Both are for Marine/RV applications.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
ctpd814

Buy a buffer and a fine buffing compound. This will remove the oxidation from the area where the stripes were not. You can use the buffer for removing wax when you do your vehicles also.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
therink

I'm Sure that a locally owned sign shop that deals with vinyl graphics can hook you up for under $500. Maybe less. Not to mention that you would get much better vinyl material.
It's worth a shot.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
Mike O

Well were now in the process of moving anyhow..Thanks all.. I will try some of your suggestions. It's a older 5ver but still looks good...so it's worth taking it someplace to have some new vinyl graphics thrown on it. It does actually look better without those swoosh design pinstripes they put on them. I like some things just plain jane.
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote