Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Cougar 28

2013 fifth wheel with squeaky floor

Bought a new 2013 28rdb first of march brought it home and put it on my level pad. Took it out last weekend for the maiden voyage and parked it on a level pad also and I have noticed that the floor between the bed and the bathroom wall sqeaks bad when you walk is this somewhat normal or should I take it to the dealer to look into. I just don't want to go through a big runaround for them to tell me this is just how it is.what do you experts think?
Cougar 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
pedalsteelpicker

I'm no expert but my trailer is a 1 year old 2013 Alpine and the floors don't squeek so I don't think the answer "thats just how it is would be a good one", it sounds like the floor boards under the carpet (or lenolium/tile) aren't secured or sealed properly to the beams.My house hallway floor squeeks real bad and I know that the nails are loose but am waiting till I change the carpet to fix it.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
jsmith948

X2 on the loose floor. I would check in the basement to see if there are any screws that may have missed the aluminum floor joists. While there I would check to see if there is any up & down movement of the flooring. Then I would do a close inspection of the carpeted area in the bedroom to determine if there are any screw heads sticking up into the carpet (that weren't tightened at the time of assembly). Maybe have a helper walk across the problem area while you watch for movement in the basement?
Good luck - let us know what you find?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote