Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
mecfd67

Smile Auto leveling system on 322qbs

Has anyone had installed or installed the Lippert level up system on this Fiver?
322QBS.
I would love to hear your thoughts on it and I would install myself if I can get the whole system. Anyone know where I can get this?
mecfd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
mhs4771

To the best of my knowledge, the Lippert Level-Up System can only be installed by authorized Service Center because of the complexity of the system. So I'm pretty sure a do-it-yourself is out of the question. There are brackets that must be welded to the frame to mount the jacks. I had the system retrofitted to our previous Montana at TrailAir in Goshen, and it took the two experienced Tech a whole day to do the install and watching them, not something the typical "Back Yard Mechanic" would want to tackle.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #3
crash

We have it on our 384pk raptor toyhauler and we love it.It came on ours from the factory.Would never buy another rv or any other camper without it.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
mecfd67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the Lippert Level-Up System can only be installed by authorized Service Center because of the complexity of the system. So I'm pretty sure a do-it-yourself is out of the question. There are brackets that must be welded to the frame to mount the jacks. I had the system retrofitted to our previous Montana at TrailAir in Goshen, and it took the two experienced Tech a whole day to do the install and watching them, not something the typical "Back Yard Mechanic" would want to tackle.
As a 30 year mechanic and welder I think I got that covered. I just would like to see if any one else installed Or had installed one on thiers
Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
720Deere

I haven't heard of anybody installing their own. I think your first hurdle will be finding somebody to sell you the system without installing it.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
jlarocca

What's a ballpark price of having one of these installed. I just switched from a motorhome to this 5er and I miss my hydraulic leveling jacks. My Montana came with the electric ones on the rear but they seem pretty useless. Also just having the landing jacks and the two by the rear bumper I can't seem to stop this thing from shaking everytime someone rolls over in their bed.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
wmcclay

Go to a RV salvage yard and buy it, other than the welding its a piece of cake.
I have a list of all RV salvage yards in Ca. I did not see where you were from.

Wyne
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #8
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlarocca View Post
What's a ballpark price of having one of these installed. I just switched from a motorhome to this 5er and I miss my hydraulic leveling jacks. My Montana came with the electric ones on the rear but they seem pretty useless. Also just having the landing jacks and the two by the rear bumper I can't seem to stop this thing from shaking everytime someone rolls over in their bed.
If you're 5er is unstable, you can find lots of threads on stabilizing a 5th wheel. I can help you with some suggestions. PM me if you'd like.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #9
mecfd67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclay View Post
Go to a RV salvage yard and buy it, other than the welding its a piece of cake.
I have a list of all RV salvage yards in Ca. I did not see where you were from.

Wyne
I am from NY and like that idea. Maybe I can find one on google close to me.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
joestaz

I just got a quote of 4800-5000 to have Lippert 6 point system on my Fuzion 405.
Retired
joestaz is offline   Reply With Quote