Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
twvette

Anyone having good luck with Boyo camera? Upgrade?

My Boyo VTC700RQ-2 wireless camera system that came installed is very disappointing!

It seems to get an ok color image from the camera in the garage area but there is so little room for my ride and so much other stuff around it I would not have a practical use for it unless a hot drunk chic decides to crash back there some night LOL.

The rear view camera is very washed out and more grey than color. I thought it was broke but dealer claimed it is working properly when they checked it out I gave it another try and when going down highway I also realized only get an updated image every few seconds so it is more of a serious distraction than useful.

Started doing research on cameras and seems some are really just for "rearview" when backing up and others "observation" type for more reliable continuous video. The Boyo box seems to indicate its more of the observation type but then noticed the default wiring calsl for it to be powered by the reverse light so seems it must really only be meant for rearview only but mine was not wired this way.

Anyways, looking at a Furrion FOS48 camera as my brother has it and loves it for real time observation but has a much smaller bumper pull unit than me. Anyone converted to this one? It seems to have a strange mount. Or, maybe I just wont mess with this as honestly don't tow long distance much but frustrating purchasing this feature and not having something useful when needed. Surprised in this day that not many good wireless cameras for this out there yet ... GoPro should make a powered RV wireless version
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
MattHelm21

I've been working with my Boyo system and it can work fine as a rear view. Yes, my rear view is somewhat grey like you mentioned but the large interval between frames is 100 percent the signal strength to the monitor from all the way back there. I added two meter antenna's I found at another site(not BOYO) to the camera and the monitor and I get normal frame rates from the rear camera now. As far as the garage camera, I've disabled it in the monitor while I'm getting things right with the outide one which I'm happy with now.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
MattHelm21

It's not a great picture but you can see my antenna magnetic mounted below the camera in this picture. I also had to move the camera out from the three mount holes to only the outside two on the bracket to get if far enough away from the trailer wall to allow it to tilt up as far as you see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4741.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	13079  

Tags
upgrade