Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #31
rogeru

I just put on a set of Goodyear Endurance tires on our 2015 Sprinter TT this past Spring. Driven over 2500 miles on 'em & so far I'm impressed with their ride and handling. As to longevity, we shall see..... but, I have an idea that GY has come thru with a winner this time - and a made in the USA one at that. Just my 2cw on trailer tires.
PS: I had no trouble from the factory Trailer Kings use for the first three seasons. Maybe because I kept them aired properly and stayed within their speed ratings. Just decided not to push my luck. And, yes, RSL, "tires are good"! :-)

rogeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:17 PM   #32
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeru View Post
I just put on a set of Goodyear Endurance tires on our 2015 Sprinter TT this past Spring. Driven over 2500 miles on 'em & so far I'm impressed with their ride and handling. As to longevity, we shall see..... but, I have an idea that GY has come thru with a winner this time - and a made in the USA one at that. Just my 2cw on trailer tires.
PS: I had no trouble from the factory Trailer Kings use for the first three seasons. Maybe because I kept them aired properly and stayed within their speed ratings. Just decided not to push my luck. And, yes, RSL, "tires are good"! :-)
Careful...! Although I'm anal about air pressure before departing daily, never exceed 65mph along with many others, you just implied that YOU take care of business and anyone else that has had trouble with "China bombs" didn't do as good a job as you..... There are SO many more considerations to take into account that you apparently are ignorant of... You might think of loading, weights etc. before you figure you've got the answer to everything (or, might search the forum).

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #33
rjullrich

I don't believe that I made any claim to having the "answer" to anything at all. Nor do I make that claim now or ever. Also, you may read whatever you care to in my statement, however being the actual author of the statement, I made NO such implication. You decided to take it in a negative way - not me. It was simply a statement of how things went for me. BTW, those who speak of ignorance are generally well versed in it themselves. I believe that my opinions and experiences are just that - MINE, And, I will share them as I wish. Now, go insult someone else who might give a damn
rjullrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #34
rjullrich

I have been enjoying the friendship shown on this forum - until now. That being said , I bid you all farewell. Life's too short......and getting shorter.
rjullrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #35
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjullrich View Post
I don't believe that I made any claim to having the "answer" to anything at all. Nor do I make that claim now or ever. Also, you may read whatever you care to in my statement, however being the actual author of the statement, I made NO such implication. You decided to take it in a negative way - not me. It was simply a statement of how things went for me. BTW, those who speak of ignorance are generally well versed in it themselves. I believe that my opinions and experiences are just that - MINE, And, I will share them as I wish. Now, go insult someone else who might give a damn

Sorry if you felt insulted, it wasn't intended. I tried to point out that your choice of wording actually put down lots of folks that check their air pressure daily and watch their speed - your statement would imply they didn't. How else would "you" be successful doing that while so many have had failures? And, Trailer Kings (China bombs) have caused catastrophic damages to several members; you actually imply that could have been averted by doing what you do - " Maybe because I kept them aired properly and stayed within their speed ratings. Just decided not to push my luck."

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge; what I felt might be the problem by the statement made and why I referenced other mitigating factors other than speed and pressure. Ignorance is not a bad thing unless you choose to not grow your knowledge.

I too really like this forum, the friendship and the knowledge. We have to, as best we can, express ourselves in a way that gets the message across without offending...too much. Having had to write MANY documents over my lifetime to MANY different groups with various perspectives I can tell you that your statement; " Also, you may read whatever you care to in my statement, however being the actual author of the statement, I made NO such implication. You decided to take it in a negative way - not me." - needs some thought. YOU need to know what I'm going to read into your words and what you actually said; it is irrelevant if you think your words are negative...it's the audience you need to think about. But, enough of that.

Don't go away mad. This is a great group and we want to share thoughts and experiences - we all grow from them. I wasn't offended by your post, just wanted to point out the implication of your words. We also have to understand what we write and the meaning; accepting any feedback without being insulted. And, life IS too short, stay on board or just go have fun.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #36
jsmith948

To Danny's point...There seems to be a trend today that has steered us away from civil discourse. Whenever we make a statement, be it fact or opinion, there will be those that disagree and that is fine. We run into trouble when we are offended and/or take personally someone disagreeing with our statement.
I've been knocking around in this old world for 71 years and I like to think that I've got a pretty good grip on how things work. However, from time to time, someone will point out the error in my thinking or remind me that I'm not as smart as I think I am. I'm thankful for that.
For my part, I enjoy the discourse and banter as long as it is intended to inform and help us all enjoy our chosen camping lifestyle. so, let's keep it going, keep it clean, and keep it fun. Don't get offended, pick up your marbles and go home. Stay involved so we can all learn from your knowledge and/or lack there of.
Good post Danny - I agree with your statement

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #37
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Tires - or any product for that matter - made in the USA or Canada are not an automatic guarantee of good quality although they are good for the local economy. We can all think of domestic products that are inferior to the same product from oversees be it Asia or Europe. Cars are a perfect example. I refuse to buy another car from the Big 3 and I live in a community where GM and their feeder companies are a major employer. It all depends on what the company paying for the build wants to specify for quality. My Maxxis ST trailer tires are good quality and made in Thailand.

Edit: I’ve had Carlisle ST tires before and would buy them again.
The only way to verify where a specific tire is/was manufactured is to read the plant code from the sidewall of your tires.

I take a lot of tire pictures. I don't often post plant code pictures because the next batch of their tires may come from a completely different plant.

http://www.maxxisglobal.com/mg1/techcenters.html

CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires