Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
Rdowns

Beware of 2015 Fuzion mislabeled gas caps!!!

This was from another post http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21985, but figured everyone needs to see this. And Im not suggesting that everybody's is like this but what we found is the new 2015 late model Fuzion's that are gray are like this.... its worth a check!

Update:
I had no gas in my "generator" gas tank according to the gauge and to the fact the generator would not start, then I took my handheld gas pump and pumped about 10 gallons of gas into the "auxiliary" tank (which would in reality would be pumping the gas back into itself) pumped for about 5 mins. Went inside and checked the generator gauge and BADA BING! the gauge showed it had gas all of a sudden... fired up the generator and everything worked fine! So sure enough, they did have the labels tagged wrong on at the gas caps on the side. So the front tank is supposed to be generator, and the rear tank is supposed to be auxiliary. This is on the small warning label above the caps that say "AUX" and "GEN".

Called up the dealer, told him what happened, he called back about 30 mins later and he went and walked all of his fuzion models (all 24 of them on the lot) and he said everyone of them had the same label set up!... he said he was going to be in contact with Fuzion to find out what the heck was going on.
Rdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #2
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdowns View Post
This was from another post http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21985, but figured everyone needs to see this. And Im not suggesting that everybody's is like this but what we found is the new 2015 late model Fuzion's that are gray are like this.... its worth a check!

Update:
I had no gas in my "generator" gas tank according to the gauge and to the fact the generator would not start, then I took my handheld gas pump and pumped about 10 gallons of gas into the "auxiliary" tank (which would in reality would be pumping the gas back into itself) pumped for about 5 mins. Went inside and checked the generator gauge and BADA BING! the gauge showed it had gas all of a sudden... fired up the generator and everything worked fine! So sure enough, they did have the labels tagged wrong on at the gas caps on the side. So the front tank is supposed to be generator, and the rear tank is supposed to be auxiliary. This is on the small warning label above the caps that say "AUX" and "GEN".

Called up the dealer, told him what happened, he called back about 30 mins later and he went and walked all of his fuzion models (all 24 of them on the lot) and he said everyone of them had the same label set up!... he said he was going to be in contact with Fuzion to find out what the heck was going on.

On my 2013 the Genny is in the rear and the Aux is the front tank. Lables are either wrong on yours or was plumbed wrong. Either way easy fix.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
Rdowns

From what I understand from the dealer, they are only seeing this screw up on the brand new 2015 Fuzion's that are gray in color for what ever reason. They werent even sure if its all the models yet. They literally need to check everyone.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
From what I understand from the dealer, they are only seeing this screw up on the brand new 2015 Fuzion's that are gray in color for what ever reason. They werent even sure if its all the models yet. They literally need to check everyone.
Well after seeing that your dealer is Best RV I imagine they have to check to see if their heads are screwed on in the morning. The best advice I can give you is to learn how to troubleshoot and fix your trailer yourself. Your frustration level will go down tenfold not have to listen to karen and the service department feed you full of lies, bad information and false promises every time you call with an issue.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
Well after seeing that your dealer is Best RV I imagine they have to check to see if their heads are screwed on in the morning. The best advice I can give you is to learn how to troubleshoot and fix your trailer yourself. Your frustration level will go down tenfold not have to listen to karen and the service department feed you full of lies, bad information and false promises every time you call with an issue.
This is what I just posted in another post regarding BestRV... lol and so far I have been fixing everything myself! Easier that way!

I have read all the reviews and new what I was going into with them. So before we purchased there we researched and found that we can take it to Happy Day'z RV in Livermore CA (which has been EXCELLENT/just a long lead time for appointment).

I was not intending on staying with Best RV!!! Screw that place, they are horrible on the service side when it comes to being professional and organized. There sales is ok, nothing stellar but not bad. But we noticed right of way when doing the PDI that they were going to be no help for future work- rear awning did not work, tried to fix on the spot (service techs were GOOD and quick) but then the lady came out and said they would have to warranty it. She provided NO paper work saying anything regarding "work to be done" per the purchase.... and continued to tell me this is how it works. NOT professional!

Any Hoo... side note check out Best Rv on you tube being raided by DMV!!! pretty funny
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
Vastdavidson

Didn't buy mine from Best RV. But the labels are wrong on mine too. I crawled under and verified...
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
Rdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastdavidson View Post
Didn't buy mine from Best RV. But the labels are wrong on mine too. I crawled under and verified...
Interesting ... what year, model, and color is yours??
Old 05-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Javi

Keystone is bad about getting the labels mixed up on the grey and black tanks as well...
Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
Rdowns

I think they need to stop drinking at work.... how hard is it to work production and labeling 100's of trailers on the assembly line and screw it up??? Horrible quality control on top of it! Im just saying ... I come from construction management and being a mechanic, not afraid to fix my own stuff! but for some people this is a bad scenario and think about how much money they could save on warranty work that would not NEED to be done if they had a little better QA/QC...
Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #10
gilpinbrewer

My rig is an early 15 371 and the front tank is the aux and the rear is the genset and have confirmed this is right. Front is 30 gals and rear is 18gals per the stickers on the tanks. So it sounds like they made a change and forgot to tell the sticker guy...
Old 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
Vastdavidson

Quote:
Interesting ... what year, model, and color is yours??
2015 371 in Santa Fe. Its the gray/Blue outside and has the hidden panel. I think the build date was in Feb.
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:54 AM   #12
dvan

Yep I think their decal guy does drugs. My Fusion had a gray water decal on the tank for the rear bathroom. I dry camp in Arizona where you can drop your gray water on the ground. That would have been a mess if I didn't find it out earlier.
I agree with the posts about Best RV. I think they have good pricing on new units, but suck at the service end. I called them about a recall on the auto transfer switch and they told me they don't do recalls. A authorized dealer that doesn't do RECALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #13
Way Of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
My rig is an early 15 371 and the front tank is the aux and the rear is the genset and have confirmed this is right. Front is 30 gals and rear is 18gals per the stickers on the tanks. So it sounds like they made a change and forgot to tell the sticker guy...
This is the case on mine as well. Not sure of the tank size.....I was told they are both 30 gallons.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #14
KTMRich

Our Fuzion 345 (the gray one) was mislabeled as well. Front gen, rear aux. Both 30 gal.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #15
JFCANMT

Keystone was still mislabeling gas tanks in 2017 as well. My new “used” 2017 Fuzion 384 is mislabeled.

2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
JFCANMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #16
lonewolftx

I was told the stickers are put on while the trailer is still under construction, in the inverted (upside down) mode. Sticker guy puts them on right that way but once turned over, for remaining installs, they are now on the wrong tanks. Go figure.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
whcarr

Our 2017 is wrong also. Worst quality control of any product I have ever owned.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #18
sarahdove

Our 2015 371 was wrong as well. Husband figured it right away.
sarahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:31 AM   #19
MisaLetet

Same problem with our 2016 Fuzion purchased at "Best" RV.
MisaLetet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:03 AM   #20
infantryofficer81

Don't feel bad. Our 2016 Fuzion 420 was mislabeled as well!

Dennis & Jackie
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW, 6.7L CTD
2016 Fuzion 420 Chrome Toy Hauler
2016 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail SE
2020 Spyder RT Limited (Deep Marsala Red)
infantryofficer81 is offline   Reply With Quote