Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 07:32 AM   #61
ADQ K9

Rifle and pistol always secured in TT or TV of course all you gotta do is look at where I live and camp. Four legged furry things are the main concern,if a bear wants in to something (IE your TT or Fiver or TV):: for that mater they will stop at nothing to get it. I was raised to use a gun as a tool and that is how I have raised my kids also.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:40 PM   #62
Slapshoot

No don’t have anything in the camper.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #63
DOWva

Remember there is a law about protecting your home and family so when you are in your RV it is considered a second home, so you have the right in the US to protect your home.

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #64
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOWva View Post
Remember there is a law about protecting your home and family so when you are in your RV it is considered a second home, so you have the right in the US to protect your home.
Again .... Check laws in states you will be traveling through and staying in. It may surprise you that there are states where you have the right to retreat!!!! Sad but true and contrary to federal laws for transporting firearms.
Type of weapon, how and where it is stored, accessories, magazine capacity and type of ammo can turn you into an instant felon.
Do your homework and travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:22 AM   #65
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
One of the best references I have found on this topic is the "Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States." It is updated annually and contains a LOT of information. Of course laws change frequently so you have to be alert. Here in VA the new laws usually go into effect on 1 July every year. This booklet also contains a list of contact points (phone and internet) so you can verify the accuracy and currency of the information.

It is available from several sources. This is one:

https://www.ebay.com/i/162848819900?chn=ps
Great book, I keep a current copy of it also. I carry and try and be discrete about it. If I'm someplace that indicates no firearms then I leave it in my lockbox in my RV.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #66
Blackrock

Have a12ga on grips below the bed. And usually carrying either concealed or open around camp. This is the Free State of Arizona after all.
The 12ga went to Alaska and back with me in 2016 after doing the proper paperwork for Canada.

Bob n Judy n Nanook n Biscuit n Elsa
2016 Ram 1500 - 2016 Laredo 265SRK
Running on the ragged edge of respectability
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #67
dke1955

I have a carry permit, gun in the truck all the time. When I used to have a motor
home I had a 45 in the MH. Now, in the trailer, the gun, as I said is in the truck, so I guess that counts for me taking a weapon with me. I for one cannot fathom getting into an altercation while camping which would escalate to the point of having to reach for a pistol, but these days I guess you never know. Better safe than sorry. But, again, I have never felt threatened in all the years I have been camping, to many great folks out there doing the same thing....looking for peace and quiet, good family time, and to get away from all those nuts in town (may they never discover the peace of camping). Be safe guys,
see ya
dke1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #68
Ken / Claudia

Well guys and gals who never had anything bad happen. The rest stop on I-5 near Wilsonville just South of Portland had 2 murders in the Southbound side that I am aware of and 1 police shooting. Another victim was picked up there and murdered somewhere else. Hundreds if not more drug, sex crime, assault,
and warrant arrests and calls weekly from a citizen informing State Police of some type of crime activity at either the North or South rest stops. That was in my 25 years. The rest stop on I 205, now closed in West Linn had just as bad a problem, we went into the place every night for 4 or 5 months undercover and made 198 arrests if I remember right.
That is just here whats the crime stats in your rest stops.
The office patrol area covered 3 state campgrounds, 1 State wildlife area and many county, national forest parks and campgrounds. We normally only covered the state stuff. Every summer theft reports, vehicle break ins, drunks causing problems. The highest crimes I took was a once a kidnap and once a stabbing in a state park.
Not overwhelming crime stats but, the same things happen in those places as anywhere there are people.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote