Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2024, 07:21 PM   #1
GlasNav

Truck Stop Rig Washes

Yes, I see a thread from two years ago regarding Blue Beacon Truck Wash. I didn't want to post on a thread that is now possibly closed. So here goes, same subject just more recent. During the winter of 2022, we got covered in road salt the first time Westbound on I-40 heading to a FamCamp on an Air Force Base on the Coast. When we were fueling in Kingman, AZ I saw that there was a Blue Beacon Truck Wash and wanted to get cleaned up. Unfortunately, there were 4 semis in front of me and at lunch time the progress wasn't great. I abandoned the idea and proceeded West and on arrival at the base a coupe of days later, immediately went to their car and boat wash and took a swing at desalting everything before setting up on our site. The trailer is now going on three years old in 6 months and zero black streaks, I don't know if that can be attributed to the gutter system or the Ceramic coating we had applied to the entire trailer, awnings included. My question to those that have used these truck wash facilities, have you ever experienced leakage into the trailer or 5er?
Do they have underbelly washes especially to remove salt and mud?

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:37 AM   #2
notanlines

We used the Blue Beacon in southern Wisconsin (if I remember correctly) after a particularly harsh west-coast swing. I watched from a distance while they did a commendable job of the top, sides and all underneath. And the truck looked great. I gave each of the workers $10.00 (five of them) and I think all toll it was $120.00. Four years ago. I had no complaints.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote