Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2024, 07:20 PM   #41
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
They didn't even need to ask me nicely.

I've RVed in California exactly once this century, and then only because the mandatory training was being held in San Diego. I'm about 80 miles from the border, and I'd no sooner cross it than Cuba's. And this sort of thing is precisely why. Last thing I need to do with my life is voluntarily seek even more oppression than what finds me on its own.
Looking at what little I know about the "left coast agenda"

prioritize electric vehicles and reduce ICE vehicles, seems to also prioritize making ICE vehicles so difficult and expensive to own that people won't buy them.

As for RV's, making "outlandishly expensive and heavy" safety requirements on pickup trucks and then require the same system on travel trailers that sit more than 24" (or some arbitrary distance) above the ground and tag it with a "safety mandate", will make it virtually impossible to manufacture a capable vehicle that meets the CAFE fuel requirements and make travel trailers/fifth wheels weighing more than 10K so heavy with the new safety equipment that the trucks with their safety equipment would use so much fuel that they could not meet fuel mileage requirements to even be able to tow the RV.

It looks to me to be a "backdoor approach" to make ICE trucks impossible to meet the requirement in their present form and even if you could manage that, a travel trailer with that same equipment would be so heavy that you couldn't put any cargo in it or it would be overloaded.

Seems to me to be a sneaky way to push gas guzzling trucks big enough to tow a trailer out of existence.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote