Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
Lymey

LED quality

I have been wanting to switch over to LED lights throughout my Keystone Bullet Premier. I have searched and researched finding LED light to be very expensive (especially at RV stores). I have found multiple locations online to buy LED at much greater savings but am wondering about the quality. Has anybody done a full replacement with LED’s? If so any propblems/concerns? Anyone ever purchase on the internet and had problems? Any recommended brands? Thanks.
Lymey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

The replacement fixtures I bought on Amazon mostly failed within a year: Kohree 12V LED RV Ceiling Dome Light Fixture, RV Interior Lighting for Trailer Camper with Switch Natural White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZR7WT5U..._5i4VBb6DKVGTD

Luckily, I had kept the original fixtures and reinstalled them and just replaced the bulbs: Grv T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White AC/DC 12V -28V Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDFM5QU..._am4VBbJ4A25QN

They've been installed for a little over a year and have held up great, even with five months of continuous boon docking.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Andymil

I’ve read on a couple of RV forums that the 12 volt LED bulbs don’t hold up very well, but the ones rated 12-28 volts hold up better in the RV.
Andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymil View Post
I’ve read on a couple of RV forums that the 12 volt LED bulbs don’t hold up very well, but the ones rated 12-28 volts hold up better in the RV.
That is right. I bought the cheaper 12 volt and they crapped out fairly quick.
Went with the 12-28 volt that were suggested by a forum member and have yet to lose one. The only caveat is we get a bit of interference/static when watching tv on antenna. But it's like the old days in the 50s so brings back good memories.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
fourfourto

I installed these june 2016 and haven't had 1 stopper working.
lights just right not to dim not to bright.
cheap enough to have some spares

link https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-X-Warm-W...tks:rk:10:pf:0

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
nied

Try M4Products.com. Changed out all of my 12V with their lamps 3 years ago. All still working.
nied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
GHen

I am an Amazon fan, but I have received so many low quality items recently that I am becoming a lot more cautious. Reviews of items here are very important. Thank you all.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymey View Post
I have been wanting to switch over to LED lights throughout my Keystone Bullet Premier. I have searched and researched finding LED light to be very expensive (especially at RV stores). I have found multiple locations online to buy LED at much greater savings but am wondering about the quality. Has anybody done a full replacement with LED’s? If so any propblems/concerns? Anyone ever purchase on the internet and had problems? Any recommended brands? Thanks.
You need to watch not only the quality but the specs of the LEDs. I bought 40 LEDs for my trailer that were 12V only. After a very short time I had failures of all kinds. I was advised that you need the 12-28 vdc lamps to give you the variance needed to keep the lamps from failing - it did, and that was several years ago.

It is not expensive if you do your research. After converting we could not be happier. Battery usage due to lights is non existent. Heat is almost non existent. One of the best mods we have done.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, quality