Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
ReadyToRoll

MorRide 3000 axle infromation

We have a 2013 Keystone Cougar Toy hauler and wondered about the axle and braking specs of the MorRide 3000. Am assuming that the 3000 is pounds but also wondered about brake drum size and also specs on brake magnets. Amp requirement. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
ReadyToRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
dcg9381

We can't tell you. But the sticker that's on your axle can. See if it's still attached.

Likely the "MorRide 3000" is the suspension components that attach the springs...

Unlikely that a 5th wheel toy hauler has 3k axles.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
cw3jason

MorRide 3000 is the suspension system and has nothing to do with the axle ratings or brake size. I have the MorRide 3000 on my Montana with 7000lb axles

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Agree with the above. I have a Cougar X-Lite with the CRE/3000 equalizer system on 5000 pound axles "de-rated" to 4400 pounds. The MorRyde CRE/3000 equalizer system is a suspension component. It has nothing to do with brakes, brake magnets or the electrical system that controls the brakes.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
Halster

Technical

I am a new user of this forum and looking for some suspension insight. I have a 2017 Montana 3710FL. I've heard I can Improve the bouncing of my 5th wheel by adding "Joy Rider" shocks. Is this practical and what info do I need to set this up with my mechanic?
Halster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I haven't heard any reports on that brand of "trailer shock kit" but there are a couple of competitors with good reports. I'd suspect that they all are fairly similar, so unless this brand is a "Chinese knockoff with poor quality" it'll probably be similar in reliability.

There are several things you might want to do before installing shocks. I've had them on several "luxury trailers" and they do work, but aren't as effective unless you also do these things:

First, always be sure your tires are inflated to the maximum sidewall pressure rating.
Second, have your tires/wheels balanced.
Third, consider (if it's not standard equipment) installing a wet bolt kit.

Often times, these three things will eliminate the excessive "bounce" and you'll find no need to install shocks. Also, realize that you're going to get some bounce even with shocks. Further, shocks won't stop the "side to side sway" that's inherent with tow vehicle steering corrections, so you're still going to occasionally find some things in the trailer "displaced" or even "thrown from cupboards" even with the best shocks available.

As far as "info needed to set this up with my mechanic" about the only thing he'll need to know is the weight rating that's on the axle tag located on the center beam of your axles and you'll need a "check/credit card" for somewhere around $600-750 for the parts and labor.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote