Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
ccmark

Bedroom TV Cable

On a 2022 Alpine 3790FK, does anyone know how the cable to the TV in the bedroom is routed.

I am trying to see if installing my Starlink router behind the TV and running the cable to that location would be feasible or not.
ccmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Does your Alpine have the KeyTV box ?? If so, that cable runs from the TV location to the KeyTV box. They are all color coded so look at the color of the cable at the television location and find that color cable on the back of the KeyTV box.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:02 AM   #3
dutchmensport

It doesn't matter what brand or model of RV you have, if you are attempting to run wires through the walls you are fighting a loosing battle. It won't happen.

Look at the alternative, running the wires under the trailer and then up through the floor.

We have a back door on the opposite side of the camper. When we purchased the camper we wanted an awning on the back side over the door. The dealer installed it in a rather creative way. The wire was fed from the fuse box / converter straight down through the floor. It ran along the frame through the J-panel, inside the very back of the trailer through the rear storage compartment, up the wall on the inside of the rear closet (yes, it's on the outside of the wall, but inside the closet) where another hole was drilled to the outside to supply power to the electric awning.

Another wire was also run for the switches. They installed the LED lights and the power bar on the awning so everything 100% matched the front awning. The switches wires were brought up from under the floor also, into the dresser and the switches for all the power to the awning was installed on the side of the dresser in the bed room.

I did have to tuck the wires up a little better that ran along the trailer frame. I did not like the way they handled them coming through the wheel wells.

So, depending on how you are routing that wire, you will not be able to pass it through the walls. The walls are filled with Styrofoam and aluminum studs. It will never happen. Go down, then across, then come back up. Hide the wires in a creative way.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:01 AM   #4
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Does your Alpine have the KeyTV box ?? If so, that cable runs from the TV location to the KeyTV box. They are all color coded so look at the color of the cable at the television location and find that color cable on the back of the KeyTV box.
I was going to ask what is KeyTV, and do I have it, but after a quick search, I found out it first came into service in 2019, and my Outback is a 2018.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:23 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's Keystone Outback. View Post
I was going to ask what is KeyTV, and do I have it, but after a quick search, I found out it first came into service in 2019, and my Outback is a 2018.
If you look at the comments about KeyTV I am pretty sure you are better off without that techno-wizardry.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, cable