Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
KenCro

Floor protrusion.

During our 6th trip with new trailer, we noticed a small round screw or bolt starting to come up beneath the linoleum near kitchen area about mid-length of trailer. It’s in for service now and they are waiting for a warranty response from Keystone. This occurred one month after first year warranty expired.
Has anyone heard or seen anything like this?

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Passport SL 268BH
Tow vehicle: 2018 Chevy Tahoe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5027.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	45828  
KenCro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

It’s not common, but it does happen once in a while. The screw for the flooring has started to back out. Simple repair, cut Lino at seam tighten screw back down with locktite. Glue Lino back down with seam sealer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:11 PM   #3
KenCro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

It’s not common, but it does happen once in a while. The screw for the flooring has started to back out. Simple repair, cut Lino at seam tighten screw back down with locktite. Glue Lino back down with seam sealer.
Thanks, I just want the dealer to confirm that’s the issue and if so, I’ll do it myself.
Old 12-08-2023, 07:26 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCro View Post
Thanks, I just want the dealer to confirm that’s the issue and if so, I’ll do it myself.
Be careful that you don't get into the "you have to pay for inspection and documentation" trap.....

Many dealerships will process the warranty with Keystone and then, if you refuse the repair when the warranty claim (on an expired warranty) is denied, they will charge you for "time spent inspecting, confirming and documenting your requested work".... I've seen a number of service work orders where the customer "requested an inspection and possible warranty claim" and once the customer signs on the bottom line, they are responsible for dealership charges if the warranty is refused by Keystone.

It doesn't happen when the warranty is still in force, but once it's expired, if you request they "try to do it anyway", if they want to, they can charge you for the "failed attempt at claiming an expired warranty request"....

If you go in to pick up the trailer and they want to know when you want to schedule the repair, should you tell them you'll do the work, they may charge you for their costs in reporting your requested work..... Dealerships don't usually work for free. If you request they do something and Keystone doesn't reimburse them for the time spent, they may demand you pay the charges.

Choose your words carefully when you go in to pick up the trailer once Keystone refuses the warranty repair.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:35 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Be careful that you don't get into the "you have to pay for inspection and documentation" trap.....

Many dealerships will process the warranty with Keystone and then, if you refuse the repair when the warranty claim (on an expired warranty) is denied, they will charge you for "time spent inspecting, confirming and documenting your requested work".... I've seen a number of service work orders where the customer "requested an inspection and possible warranty claim" and once the customer signs on the bottom line, they are responsible for dealership charges if the warranty is refused by Keystone.

It doesn't happen when the warranty is still in force, but once it's expired, if you request they "try to do it anyway", if they want to, they can charge you for the "failed attempt at claiming an expired warranty request"....

If you go in to pick up the trailer and they want to know when you want to schedule the repair, should you tell them you'll do the work, they may charge you for their costs in reporting your requested work..... Dealerships don't usually work for free. If you request they do something and Keystone doesn't reimburse them for the time spent, they may demand you pay the charges.

Choose your words carefully when you go in to pick up the trailer once Keystone refuses the warranty repair.....
Not only choose your words carefully but ask questions and make sure they understand your expectations. On something like this you can do that before it ever leaves your hands. Clear, concise communications...clarity between both parties for every aspect of a repair is the most important thing one can do. When there are "assumptions", "they are supposed to", "they should have", "I thought", "I thought it said", "you should"...the list is endless, there is a very unhappy moment in the future. Nail every detail down.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
KenCro

Ok, thanks.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:14 AM   #7
FullTimeAlpine

In my Alpine, I have several objects under the flooring sheet. These idiots putting them together don't even check for debris before laying it.
FullTimeAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:55 AM   #8
Alibaddy

Flooring defect

Our Alpine has black numbering which has bled through to the surface of the cushion floor. Happily, it's not too obvious as it's in the corner of the dining area slide out, closest to the door. The reason we know or believe it bled through, as the numbers are hand written and are mirror images.
Alibaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:02 PM   #9
GilaElkHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCro View Post
During our 6th trip with new trailer, we noticed a small round screw or bolt starting to come up beneath the linoleum near kitchen area about mid-length of trailer. It’s in for service now and they are waiting for a warranty response from Keystone. This occurred one month after first year warranty expired.
Has anyone heard or seen anything like this?

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Passport SL 268BH
Tow vehicle: 2018 Chevy Tahoe
I had the same thing in my High Country 310RE in front of the sofa near the counter/island. I cut a small x in the linoleum to tighten the screw but it is either stripped or if there was a nut underneath it fell off. It doesn't tighten.
2019 High Country 310RE
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Sailun S637 tires
GilaElkHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:02 PM   #10
JDMoore001

We have the same writing on our floor very similar location also. Hard to believe this is coincidence and if not why would they do that, just plain shoddy work.
JDMoore001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:19 AM   #11
JDMoore001

Ours is 2021 3220RL
JDMoore001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #12
mcgeno99

I had this happen on our 21 26rks.. took it in and warranty paid to fix it... almost a year after the repair, the glue started "seeping " up through the repaired area, also became tacky to walk over... Camping World won't stand behind their B.S repair and I'm all but done with Keystone in general... loved our camper at first, but you can't find anyone that will repair, or stand behind anything they sell or service...
mcgeno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:26 AM   #13
Skillet173

Same in my ‘21 Fuzion 419. Cut the “X” just large enough to get screwdriver into the Phillips head, and attempted to secure screw. It was free floating so either stripped or never went into “joist”. Pushed it down and re glued with weight on top to keep it down. Didn’t want to slice floor bigger to pull it all the way out.

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor