Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2023, 07:47 AM   #21
Martian

The lid hits both walls but is past vertical when it does.

2018 Ram 1500 crew cab, 2020 Cougar 22RBS
Just the two of us on the roam with our two Jacks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:39 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2fly3 View Post
Thanks for that info! I'll see how the warranty work plays out. I do think the double flush approach as has been suggested would work. But the 320 has some added benefits for sure, mainly being a bit larger. So we'll see. Regardless, I appreciate the input and sharing your experience with the swap.

I believe he was referring to the specific trailer we both have, the Cougar 22RBS. Sounds like for that particular layout and bathroom dimensions, it is a drop in swap. For others, no doubt, it may not be given it's larger size.

LOL. Yes, my apologies. Last night I knew you both had the same trailer, this morning apparently everything from yesterday is gone....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:35 AM   #23
Domino3665

FIRST…
EVERYBODY should do this. (You will be in for a surprise.)
Crawl through your RV and snug up EVERY water fitting in your rig…leaking or not.
Remember how your water pump kicks on periodically but you haven’t opened a tap? THAT will go away.
Air will escape in places that liquid will not. 12 years of chasing leaks and repairing aircraft fuel systems opened my eyes to problem solving that just defies logic.
Good luck. Happy trails! 😎
Domino3665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 08:12 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino3665 View Post
FIRST…
EVERYBODY should do this. (You will be in for a surprise.)
Crawl through your RV and snug up EVERY water fitting in your rig…leaking or not.
Remember how your water pump kicks on periodically but you haven’t opened a tap? THAT will go away.
Air will escape in places that liquid will not. 12 years of chasing leaks and repairing aircraft fuel systems opened my eyes to problem solving that just defies logic.
Good luck. Happy trails! 😎
So very true !!!! That's why I always recommend a new owner leave the water pump turned on with the fresh water system pressurizing the trailer (city water disconnected) and then spend several hours in the trailer reading a book in the quiet (no blaring radio/TV) or sleep in the trailer (if they are a light sleeper) and monitor the water pump for sounds of "burping"... If the water pump "burps" or cycles on for a second then shuts off again, with no water use, there's a leak somewhere and "THE SEARCH BEGINS"... Those "hand tight only" rubber cone washer connections are the first suspect and usually fixes the problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 05:45 AM   #25
Brown cat

Black water will enter your 320 toilet, if ugh, umm, someone forgets to open the sewage line valve so that it empties...then someone has a bm need to flush with that line full, doesn't realize why it won't and attempts to add more water, then plung, oops, floor is covered in ... not fun times.
Reese Goose Box
Brown cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, floor, water