Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
gbsb

Fuzion 383 front jacks

I have a 2010 383 bought new in Feb. of this year. They hooked it up at the dealers and we brought it home , haven't moved it since, hooked up today and front jacks just did pick it up enough to get the truck under it, the pump just stalled out. Then the spring loaded pin on the front jack leg fell apart. called dealer talked to shop manager he said he would call back, didn't happen will call agin tomorrow. Any one have trouble with front jack picking up unit. Thanks George
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
KenBob

Some more info could be helpful. Were you running on the 383's batteries? Are they fully charged? All battery connections correct and tight? Were you able to hook up to the hitch and retract the landing gear? Can you operate the landing gear using the manual handle? Sorry about all the questions. Just want to help AND learn something as well.

I think the pin coming apart is a separate issue than the landing gear motor problem.

Keep us informed. Ken
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
gbsb

the pin part is shody welding nothing to do with the other it just suprised me the way it fell apart.The batteries are at 12.34 volts and do not drop below 11.5 volts when the motor landing gear loads up. The landing gear will extend and retract just fine with out a load on them. We have had two Montanas before this Fuzion a 2003 3670RL and a 2009 3400RL never had any trouble at all. The fuzion has three axles and is heavy (not overloaded ) so maybe the three axles. The motor just sounds like it binds up and is a real bind. The shop guy said yesterday as long as it is picking it up it should be ok. not my way of thinking. The bad part is we are leaving for Alaska in two weeks. I guess I should have sold the Harley and kept the 3400 Montana. thanks for any input. George
Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
KenBob

http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

A chart in this article shows 12.3 volts is about 70% charged which may or may not affect the landing gear operation. Have you tried plugging into shore power or connect to the TV (running) and checked the landing gear?
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
Rocky7

We have a 2011 Fuzion 405 with front jacks that are not only noisy but don't have enough reach. With the jacks fully retracted and then legs extended to within 1/2" of solid ground, the jacks barely get the unit off my hitch before running out of extension. There's some dull grindy kind of noise under load, too.

I was looking for an answer when I saw your related post.

I also owned a 2010 Raptor and the Raptor's front jacks were not grindy under load and had plenty of extension.
Rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

To give me a bit more flexibility with my front jacks, before unhitching, I lower the front jacks about 6 in or so, then pull the pin and allow the interior leg to drop and then carry on with the rest of the process. I place a wooden block (about 4 in high) beneath the legs and use it as a "pad". This gives you another 4 inches of jack extension as well as keeping the metal plate off the ground.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
gbsb

I talked with service dept at dealer today said no idea why jacks would not pick up camper. Dealer said I would have to bring unit in and they were 3 weeks out . Great we are leaving for our extended trip tomorrow, not going to happen. Dealer said since we were going threw Indiana why not stop at factory and gave me a number to call. mine doesn't make a grinding sound , good and quiet just loads up and shuts off, I wait a second and hit switch agin and it moves a little. After about 4 or 5 times finally lifts enough to pull out or back under as the case may be. If it gets worse I will find a dealer while we are gone Unit is still under waranty. Good luck with yours and I will keep updates if I find anything. George
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
azandak

Just wondering if you found the problem with the weak jacks. Experiencing the same problem and looking for a solution. Thanks in advance for you help.
azandak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
gbsb

The only thing I could find out is a lot of people having the same problem. I had the Lipert Level Up system installed in August. Works great and I love it. The only problem is once set up I get a popping sound, seems others are having the same problem. The jacks aren't leaking down just a popping sound.
Living the dream fulltiming across America
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
GaryBro

I bought a new Fuzion in May and have had the popping sound with the Lippert leveling system. I started a new thread about this and found out that there are many people with this issue. It is not just with Keystone campers, but also with other brands - it is a problem with the Lippert leveling system. I have been around and around with Keystone, the dealer and Lippert for quite a while and the answer appears to be "that is the way it works". I believe that it has to do with the leveling legs being at an angle (not perfectly 90 degrees to the ground) and when the legs extend, it puts sideways pressure on the feet. I think that movement in the trailer causes the feet to slip sideways very slightly at times and this causes the popping sound. I'm not concerned now, just will be watching the system looking for any other type of failure that might be causing this.
2014 Sherco 250
GaryBro is offline   Reply With Quote