Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks CW Lubbock, TX!!......Again.....

I have to give a shout out to CW in Lubbock, TX for coming to my aid yet again. I posted my problem in the technical forum, "slide binding...cold weather?", yesterday evening after it happened. Due to medical reasons I was not going to be able to crawl all over the slide to try to repair it and we are supposed to leave for FL on the 12th. This problem was about to cause us to cancel the entire trip. Enter CW in Lubbock.

I sent my service advisor an email last evening describing my problems. Today they told me to bring it in first thing in the morning and they would look at it immediately with the intention of us getting it back by Saturday. Mind you, this is to repair the slides PLUS pull the underbelly and check the routing of the heater ducts (these apparently were misrouted/kinked when the underbelly was replaced in August).

We hear so much negative stuff about dealerships I just had to post this again. They literally go above and beyond for me all the time. If you're anywhere in the W TX/SE NM area I would HIGHLY recommend that you consider giving them your business.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
Alpine

Niiiiiiiice! Not too many positives about CW. Maybe trying to turn around their reputation & have to start somewhere!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I've had super luck with the CW in Lubbock since they bought out the private dealership. I've also had good luck at the one in Tallahassee, FL.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I've had super luck with the CW in Lubbock since they bought out the private dealership. I've also had good luck at the one in Tallahassee, FL.
Nothing could be better than CW in Myrtle Beach..

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

CW of Northern Michigan in Houghton Lake is the same. I've had nothing but outstanding service from them since we bought our Springdale there in 2010. It was a "newly acquired dealership" in 2010 and the original owners were still managing the store and service department as they trained the CW corporate staff. Sometime in 2011 CW took over completely and they still maintain excellent service. Although prices of new trailers (corporate profit guidelines) has increased to a point that they aren't competitive with the "mom and pop" dealerships around this area, CW has never balked at providing service with a smile and doing it correctly the first time. I'm completely satisfied with CW's store in Houghton Lake.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
gearhead

I have told myself if I do this again, I would consider CW just because of the nationwide locations. Good to hear there are some positive comments.
What do y'all think the percentage of company owned stores is?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I have told myself if I do this again, I would consider CW just because of the nationwide locations. Good to hear there are some positive comments.
What do y'all think the percentage of company owned stores is?
It's my understanding that there are no "privately owned franchises" left in the CW chain. As a bit of history, they started sometime in the mid 60's with a RV parts store. Back then the "claim to fame" was $1 installation on anything. The store grew, they opened another and another, until the chain had several stores. I had read about them in the old Trailer Life magazine and had an opportunity to visit the Las Vegas store in the mid 70's. By then, the installation charges had increased to $5 for anything purchased in the store. I bought a air conditioner for our Jayco trailer, had planned to install it myself, but when they said they could install it "right now, for five dollars"... well... Two hours later, after paying the installation fee, I towed it out, complete with all wiring, parts and labor included.

Since then, they've grown by leaps and bounds, but no longer have that "all inclusive" installation special. Occasionally they will offer a special on installation of some items, often as low as $39, but it doesn't include parts needed to complete the job.

I found that the "corporate profit structure" puts the pricing for new RV's much higher than the competition, except for the Coleman line, which I believe CW has a significant ownership interest.

Anyway, give them a shot if there's a facility near you. From your experiences with your current dealership, the only way to go would have to be an improvement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #8
notanlines

We also have had excellent service from Camping World, from original purchase in Ocala CW to repair of double blowout at CW Fort Meyers.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:21 AM   #9
gearhead

Ironically the CW in the Houston area is right next door to the HW on I-10.
Oh why didn't I drive another 100 feet? lol
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:52 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

I agree with John. I believe that all "privately" owned CW locations are gone. The Lubbock location I mentioned was a privately owned RV location that CW purchased at the beginning of 2014. That transition lasted 2-3 months and the CW became a corporate store and the old owner, which became the "GM" during the transition, was gone. I suspect that "private ownership" to "company store" transition happens a lot and may leave the impression that there are private vs company stores. Marcus Lemonis runs all CW locations along with his national staff (I've dealt with them) including the transitional Lubbock location as I alluded to.

I recommend them highly but won't say that you will always get the best technicians in the world. That is the case in virtually every RV location and you just have to stay in tune with the work being done and the staff at the dealership. I just had one slide repaired and the other two taken care of with their "slide maintenance" procedure. I picked it up, one slide didn't seem right but I had to leave for FL (they had let me bring it in on immediate notice to fix the one slide) then they told me to not worry about the bill; I could check back with them when I returned......mid February!

Just saying that all dealerships aren't bad...all CW's aren't bad, and in fact, every one of the CWs I've been to have been stellar.