Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Just chillin

Round 2

Hi guys.
My name is michael and my wife is brenda. We have been out of the rv game for a few years now. Used to have a jayco eagle fifth wheel. Me and my wife love to go hiking and camping and just get away. We have been looking for a while at getting a new trailer. I have a 3/4 ton chevy truck but we wanted something that we could also pull with her suburban LTZ. Love the floorplan of the bullet premier 26rb . She hated the new white interior ,so we managed to get one with the tan color. I have read the horror stories about the quality of the rv's being produced lately. I work in the construction industry and deal with heavy equipment on a daily basis so im not some newbie when it comes to recognizing crappy construction. I get it, I bought an ultralight trailer , its not going to have a heavy I beam frame. I have really picked this thing apart and have very little to complain about. Yes its built out of light weight components but thats what makes it easily towable. Hell, if I built it , you would need a semi tractor to pull it. All in all I am fairly impressed with the premier 26rb. We are excited to put this thing to use.
Just chillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Chris P

Congratulations on your New camper, Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, you have come to a great forum.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer? Lubbock? As in TX? If so, we're right down the road from you in Lamesa (at least part of the year). Did you buy it at Camping World in Lubbock?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

First of all, HOOK 'EM HORNS! Second, when you read stuff on any RV forum, folks with issues tend to make the most noise. While most RV manufacturers have problems with their units from time to time, the noise on an RV forum is likely not a good indicator of quality. Last, hope you decide to tow your new trailer with the 3/4 ton and not the SUV... anyway, good luck! Want to welcome you to the forum.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
Northofu1

from Toronto
I have the 2015 Bullet 26RBPR, I am happy with it, it's far from perfect, but aside from nature nothing is. Enjoy your trailer.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
Just chillin

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I'm from Lubbock Texas right down the road from you in Lamesa. I did buy from Camping World and honestly have no complaints. They did me a good job on the price didn't try and hold me for ransom with optional items I can't complain I had a good dealing with Camping World. My father-in-law would tell you Hook em Horns but my wife would tell you go Tech or guns up.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

We bought ours at CW there as well. After they finally made the transition to CW we have no complaints. Around our house it would be "guns up"....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
FlyingAroundRV

Chillin:
Like you, I read all the horror stories about poorly constructed RVs and went into this venture with expectations that I'd probably have to do a fair bit of work on our trailer.
After spending 3 months full time in it, I have to say that I was happy with the build of our trailer. I did have to fix a few things but they were minor..

My biggest gripe would be how the electrical outlet string was hooked to the breakers in our trailer. The first outlet in the line is the one that powers the fridge and due to a flaky connection at the breaker end, our fridge cycled on and off electricity excessively which eventually burnt out the element. But we've now identified and rectified that and replaced the element.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #9
Just chillin

A intermitant problem can be tbe hardest to find. Im sure I will have my issues but it better be a big one before it goes back to the dealer, I should be able to fix 95% of them myself.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #10
5J's

Welcome to the forum from just a tad South.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #11
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just chillin View Post
A intermitant problem can be tbe hardest to find. Im sure I will have my issues but it better be a big one before it goes back to the dealer, I should be able to fix 95% of them myself.
As I looked into our trailer, I could see that most of the stuff is pretty straightforward and almost anyone with a bit of handyman skills could fix most things.
The fridge did test our patience a bit. I only determined what I think was the problem about 4 days before we put it in storage. Next year's trip will tell whether I have found the fault, but for the last 4 days of the trip the fridge wasn't cycling between gas and electric like it had been doing.

Like you, I won't be taking it to the dealer unless it's a repair job that's too big or expensive for me to do.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote