Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2023, 06:13 PM   #1
GRP

Cougar 26BRS. Bluetooth Remote Control of self leveling?

Is the Lippert Ground Control Self Leveling System remote controllable from the factory or do you need additional modules to make it remote controllable with an app on your phone?

The reason I ask is I was cleaning out the camping stuff from the outside storage where the control is for the self leveling system. I never really looked that close at the stickers on the door. It has the operating instructions for the system but I just noticed there are several QR Scan stickers on the door for Android phones, Apple phones and a QR Code with a password for pairing with the app.

I installed the app on my Android phone, followed the instructions by scanning the QR Code when instructed but never had the leveling system appear on the screen to be able to pair it.

You would think if they have the instructions how to pair the app with the control it would work, unless there are different models of controls and not all of them have the Bluetooth remote control capabilities?

I am bringing the camper to have warranty work done on it and I will ask them when I drop it off. I've winterized it and hoping that I can get the camper back to my house before snow flies. I was told by the service department it would take 1 to 2 weeks for the diagnostics, 1 to 2 weeks for Keystone to approve repairs, 1 to 2 weeks to get parts in and where I'm having trouble with the iN-Command panel locking up as soon as the access code is entered, it could be 2 weeks to 6 months to get the whole system if it needs to be completely replaced.

The iN-Command system always works using my smartphone but the panel inside the rear door locks up 98% of the time. I enter the access code, the next menu comes up but the screen will not respond to touches. Then you have to hold the power button to get the system to shut-down and reboot. Once the system has rebooted it works properly until the screen goes to sleep. Locks up again if you try to use it.

If the self leveling system is supposed to be remote controllable, I want Camping World to fix it while they have it.

It may be just like the WiFi booster Winegard system. I had to purchase an additional unit to mount to the ceiling under the 360 + antenna to have a WiFi booster.

Just doing the weekend thing for now!
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 06:39 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Which self leveling system do you have?

If I remember right the Ground Control 3.0 had an option for wireless through the one control app, but most dealers don’t install it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 06:51 PM   #3
GRP

That is the model that is in my Cougar. I've been searching around the internet and from what I have read, the system is remote controllable and the dealer "might" install the remote function but most don't.

I just thought it was odd that the stickers on the compartment door have links to install the app and a sticker with the password for the remote system if it doesn't actually have the ability currently.

I'll be asking the guy at Camping World on Saturday if the camper is supposed to have remote capability, or not.

Just doing the weekend thing for now!
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 11:07 AM   #4
tallen

GRP..... I can tell you all about this. I went down this rabbit hole a while back. 1st thing in find the controller for the ground control 3.0. Mine was mounted in the cargo bay in the middle to the bottom of the bedroom floor. On that controller there will be a sticker. I attached what mine was. Your looking to see if it says "BT". It's not wireless it is blue tooth. Mine came broke from factory.

I called Lippert and they had me do a few steps to test it, which proved the BT part was broke. He open a ticket wrote all this in there and gave me the number. They told me to call the dealer tell them what was wrong, tell them what I did and give them that ticket number, so that they could see what I did and already see the manufacturer has already deemed it broke and needed to be replace under warranty.

That was it, they set a time and replace it and it worked with one command app. IT has been nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2384.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	45436  
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, leveling, remote, remote control