Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
wesley

underpinning acces hole

I have a 2009 outback 29RLS and had new motor installed on slide about a year ago. They Cut the black paper like materialon 3 sides to make acces to motor. Unfortunately they did not cut so that the flap hanging would be aerodynamic and i have battled with duct tape but cannot find a permanent solution to keep this from flapping down. Any help from someone who has run into this problem would be great
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Clean the surface of the material really well. If there is any dirt, grease, skin oils, etc. nothing is going to stick to it for long.

Then use Gorilla Tape instead of duct tape. We've recommended it for this exact application many times here in the message threads.

Try searching for lots more details and discussion.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
ktmracer

get some 1x3 or 3/4" x3 plywood strips and cut it to make a frame that fits inside the existing hole and screw it through the main panel material having it overlap 1" or so into the hole created when they made the cut. then screw the flap to the exposed wood. if you need access again, just unscrew the flap.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
wesley

gr8 ideas

thanks for the advice. I have used gorrilla tape it worked well for about 3 months but then came off again but it definetly is good stuff. I think i will try the idea with strips inside and screws. I have had my RV for almost 2 years but just now really getting to use it so im sure i will have alot more questions! Love this site
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

If using Gorilla tape doesn't work, another option would be to punch a small hole in the flap and a corresponding hole in the large sheet of coroplast and use a plastic/nylon zip tie to secure the two.

ktmracer's idea is also an excellent suggestion!