Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #21
Tinner12002

Your next Bordercreek!!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
Prowler59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
We could almost be twins, Prowler59...well except for the ham in the middle of my pic! Lol!
Lol! Very nice, I was a little late on the blue we wanted but I liked the red also. However, if I could have found another Orange one I would've bought it. This was our 424. We had a RZR 1000s inside and a 900s on the trailer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 03:07 AM   #23
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler59 View Post
Lol! Very nice, I was a little late on the blue we wanted but I liked the red also. However, if I could have found another Orange one I would've bought it. This was our 424. We had a RZR 1000s inside and a 900s on the trailer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Great setup also...the orange was actually our preference as both bikes are orange but it would have taken too long to get so we settled on the blue since it was in stock.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Prowler59,

I see you're "double towing" a trailer with a RZR behind your fifth wheel. I typically tow a boat behind our trailer. My rig, (a F250, 31' trailer and 18' boat) measures 74' from front bumper to prop on the outboard. I'd suspect that your rig is even longer than that. Some states have a 65' max length, Michigan's limit is 75'. Because of that limit, we usually don't tow out of Michigan since we don't want to deal with the potential of being stopped and measured and face any of the host of problems that could happen.

Have you measured your rig and if it is longer than mine, have you had any "second looks" or "problems" with towing through locations that "watch for revenue generators" to tow through their area?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #25
Prowler59

JRTJH, that was my old rig. We sold the 2 seat RZRs and bought an XP4 so we don't have to triple tow anymore. However, I have never been stopped or had any issues with towing like that. I have had issues getting in smaller gas stations, parking areas, etc. The setup in that pic was right at 77' long, so technically it was illegal everywhere. I did get nervous about towing like that in FL tho, but we went all the way to Disney and back with zero issues. Maybe lucky lol!
Old 12-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Thanks for the info. We usually go back to Louisiana, then on to Texas or some other place warm every year. I'd love to have the boat along and do some fishing around the intercoastal waterway or the marshes in south Louisiana, but we've been reluctant to get stuck somewhere with the choice of leaving the trailer or the boat on the side of a highway because of a "speed trap in Woodworth" kind of situation....

It's good to know you didn't have any problems. That may "color our decision" on whether to haul the boat to Lake Charles this coming trip.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #27
Prowler59

No problem. I think you'll be fine, but that's up to you. There so many people in this area that double tow, as long as you're not speeding and all lights work, you should be good.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #28
jimthemosaicguy

I’m a first time RV owner and got one of the early Fuzion 416. Pre-in command.
I wish I had known more about the PDI and what to check.

Some of this might not apply.

Leveling system -
Make them level it, then step back and look from a distance. Is it actually level.

Hydraulic system -
check the pump reservoir for fluid running down the side. Check the all 6 pads for fluid especially the one under the pump reservoir. And connections.

Patio system -
now that you know it’s level. Make them set up the patio and look at it from a distance. Is it straight out? My cables were too long which made it have a slight downward slope.

A/C(s) -
Make them pull off the ceiling assembly. Make sure they did a good job putting foil tape around the edges. Mine looked like someone covered the whole vent with foil and poked their fingers thru it.

Also, make sure the panel between the cold air and return air is positioned properly. Mine wasn’t and the cold air was escaping right back out they the return.

Vents -
Can you feel air coming out when a/c is on?

Heat strip -
if you have one make sure they hooked it up. Mine wasn’t.

Shower -
Door slide bottom rail. Check the inside and make sure it’s sealed where the track meets the shell. Mine wasn’t. The water would hit the inside glass, slide down to the track, thru the little slit then in between the rail and shell, then out and down to the floor.

Awnings-
Extend all, turn on the leds and check for burned out lights.
Do they extend smoothly? Make sure the ends don’t wobble.

Wireless woofer -
Ask where it is. I didn’t even know I had one until I had to find my water pump and it was right next to it.

Gray, black water valves. Run water thru the black tank if you can to make sure they’re labeled correctly. Mine weren’t.

Heat pads -
Are they labeled so you know which one goes to fresh, gray etc? Labeled correctly?

Fuel station -
Are the tanks labeled correctly to the generator and wired correctly to the monitor panel?

Despite all of the issues I had I really love my unit.

I’ve added a pic of the disconnected heat strip and crap job done on the a/c.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3348.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	14863

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimthemosaicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:34 AM   #29
Tinner12002

I had asked about a woofer in mine and they told me they didn't know if it has one so I guess at some point I'll check that out. Not a big deal as I use a Samsung soundbar when were at races to Bluetooth music to.

Tags
raptor