Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
badge4

Just bought 2011 Keystone Retreat 39FDEN

Hi all,

We just bought a Keystone Retreat and are anxiously awaiting delivery most likely the end of April beginning of May. We are going to be using it as a second home, weekend, vacation place. Are there any other Retreat owners on here. I have looked high and low but was unable to locate any postings relevant to the Retreat. We looked at several "Destination" trailers and thought the 39FDEN offered the best versatility for the money. We would love to hear from other retreat owners as well as any informed opinions, comment, etc.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Tom & Joann
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

You may be the only Retreat owner here at this time but, There are many full-timers that may share some of your interests or concerns. Welcome to the forum and many happy times in your new Retreat.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
keeshag

2011 Retreat

Hello; we also just ordered a 2011 Retreat. We haven't seen any photos yet of it but i imagine that it will be the same as the 2009 models. We have looked at several park models but felt that this one has the best set up as our site directly faces the lake. We are also waiting on delivery for the end of April.
keeshag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Dave Walker

Hi we just purchased a retreat 40' front den. Just looking for feedback on what other owners have to say about this trailer.
Dave.
Dave Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
badge4

We have had ours on our property now for about month and absolutely love it. We had a slight leak the second weekend which was the result of the water filter being cross threaded. If you notice a small amount of water on floor just to the right of the sink puull out the drawers and you will find the filter right there. One other minor issue we found a week ago after a rain storm is that the front bracket which holds the awning goes so far into the gutter that anything besides water can not get under it so the first leave, bud or whatever will block it causing the water to run down the side onto the door or window. Once the warrenty is over there will be a slight modification taking place. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours so far. Where are you from?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Dave Walker

We are from Hamilton Ontario Canada, We will be keeping the trailer in Turkey Point at Hidden Valley Camp about a 10 minute walk to the shores of Lake Erie. We've been in a 37' Mallard for the last 5 years and found it was a little tight for extended stays. Once we saw the layout of the Retreat we fell in love with it right away. We can't wait for a rainy day so we can spend it in doors...lol. Look forward to chating again.
My E Mail is [email protected] send us a note anytime and thanks for the feedback.
Dave.
Dave Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
keeshag

2011 Retreat

We have had ours for approximatley 2 months now and just love it. We have had no real big problems to date other than I'm not to impressed with the way the awining brackets work. It's a two person job to roll it back up as the one support arm gets stuck at the top. There doesn't seem to be enough room for the hook to come out of the top bracket unless you hold the arm straight. As far as the evtrough goes on the awning side; mine was right full of caulking which made the water run down the side of the camper. Easy fix but not alot of room for material to run through it. My only regret was that I didn't upgrade to a larger AC unit. Its alot of space to cool and on a hot day the AC runs constantly. Other than these few things it's great. Lots of room, and great view of the lake we are on. We had a Jayco 32 FKS before and liked it, but now that we have this one I think we will be keeping it for a long time.
keeshag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

Keeshag: Regarding your awning problem......... The right arm of our awning was binding a bit when it was being retracted back into the awning support on the unit. It seems that, over a period of time, the awning itself had "crept" about a half-inch or so towards the right. As it was now a touch off center and not at 90 degrees when it was being pulled out. This made the awning pull to the right a bit when it was being retracted and causing it to bind. The solution? I just pulled the awning to the left (where it sits in the slotted track above) about 1/2 in. Now it pulls out at 90 degrees and seems to have solved the binding problem. Not sure if this is what is causing yours to bind at the top but it might be worth looking at.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #9
floydsheating

Cool fans on hot day

it helps to place fans around my rv the ac runs less and there is nothing better then having the ac goin' with two fans pointed at you one at your legs and one pointed towards your chest while sipping a lemonade! nice and cool on a hundred degree day!
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
kaylee

2011 retreat 39fden owner

Hi, I am new to this site and have just recently purchased a 2011 retreat 39fden. we are really enjoying the retreat. love the lay out, and it is very comfortable to live in, it is our summer home. we are having some issues with the floor(please see my new post under travel trailers reg. this) and it appears that our converter is on the fritz! our dealer has ordered a new one for us, but untill then we are living with lights that are strobbing like a disco. owning a trailer can be a lesson in patience i have learned. i would love to hear more info from retreat owners on everyday life in a retreat. thanks
kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
badge4

Retreat

Hi Kaylee,

I private messaged you on this.