Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #1
Bosley

In command. Problems

Hello, I'm new on here, I tried to find anything on the in-command system but not having any luck.
My wife and I have a '16 Montana 3721 rl legacy.
Every once in a while the In-Command system will freeze up and nothing will work.
I have to unplug the Rv, turn the batters off and give it a few minutes. Then turn it All
Back on. It has come Back on line. But I cant figure out what is causing this issue.
We took it back to the dealer and they have found no issues.
Does anyone else even have this system?
Have you have anything like this?

Thank you!
Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Do your search on the home page for Incommand all one word. Several threads come up and some on your issue. Sometimes the connection is lost and rebooting is the option. You may call the manufacturer, others have reported that their technical assistance is outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
MattHelm21

Unfortunately the 2016 In-Command systems use Bluetooth between the control head(DC) and the guts of the system(BCM). Like all consumer wireless solutions, you will always find disclaimers indicating the device has to accept interference from other devices. What the incommand system seams to lack is the ability to reconnect reliably under these circumstances. If you check with Jensen, you will find that there is now a version which wires the DC to the BCM eliminating the problems we have.

All that being said, I have the same problem which has gotten better since I upgraded the system per the instructions on the Jensen website. I have not had to remove power from my BCM in a long time. However, my unit is winterized right now and I go out about once or twice a month to check on things and it is about 50/50 whether my In-Command will just log in. If it does not, I typically only have to hold to power button in on the DC until it says “Power Off?” when I can click on the OK on the screen. Once it completely powers off, then again hold the power button in until it turns on and release it. Once it finishes this cycle, I can log in and everything works. If you use the Bluetooth connection from your phone, sometimes this same cycle is necessary should you be unable to connect with it. I’ve found that closing the phone app after each use rather than leaving it open on my phone reduces the connection issues as well.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
Bosley

Thank you very much!! This has been very helpful!! I glad I'm not the only one having this issue.
I was worried about having problems with all this new technology stuff. Lol.
It's really cool when it's working properly!!
It happened on our first trip out, we left to get married, and come back to it not working!!
You can imagine us being a little disappointed.
Thanks again.
Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote