Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #21
FlyingAroundRV

We put TST507 on with flow thru snsors. At the moment, the sensors are on the original rubber stems. I'll be watching for degradation of the stems, wouldn't want the TPMS to cause the very problem it's supposed to prevent!
I met a guy at the last CG who had a half flat tire on his 5er. I asked him if he'd thought about a TPMS. He said he'd thought about it, but was defintely now going to put one on. He had no idea when the tire went down, whether it was at, or on the way to the CG.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #22
johnlewis

We have Tire-Safeguard, and the new "cap" sensors now have replaceable batteries. Installed them late 2016, and would not travel without them. Bought Tire-Safeguard because they had the largest display on the monitor. When we had a problem (sensors stolen), customer service wasn't great. Sometimes hard to get hold of the one person who handles their sales and parts sales. Google TPMS's and look at the brands. You do want sensors with replaceable batteries. Tire-Safeguard recommended the "cap" sensors, and we didn't have to change the valve stems.
johnlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #23
azchoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
The TST 507 is the product i have been considering. so the rubber valve stems should hold up ok. Thanks for your advice very much appreciated
I have the TST 507 system with 6 sensors and it has performed great. The peace of mind traveling down the road is wonderful. No more tire failure damaging my unit.
azchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #24
Pmedic4

Thumbs up TireTraker 500

We have the TireTraker 500 we bought about 5 years ago. Actually bought the TT400, and they let me upgrade to the 500 for $100. Really appreciate the information it gives me. So far, never had an issue with tire pressure, but on a recent trip, noticed that one of the tires sensors was reporting a high temperature, and this is for the TireTraker sensor on the end of the valve stem. I was concerned, yet only 30 miles from home so I took it on home. Went back the next week and removed wheel and found the hub nut was surprisingly loose, and the race and hub showed a little overheating, so caught it before any damage was done.

So, TPMS do show you more than just the tire pressures, and likely a side of the road breakdown at some point in the future!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #25
goodellj

I have the TST 507 system on my 5th wheel and truck, 8 sensors, and a repeater in the front bay of the trailer. It has saved me about once a year for the 6 years we have had it, and I have had slow leaks, medium leaks, and a fast leaking puncture. I think knowing about a leak will prevent trailer damage since traveling a few more miles at highway speed with a flat will eventually cause serious damage when the tire finally breaks up.

I won't go into the different brands since you can check the ratings and prices. My system works well and I assume they all work. I would recommend a system with replaceable batteries and 'flow-through' sensors. Also, look at the monitor and figure out how you are going to mount it and power it on the dash before you buy. When my sensor batteries fail I have to buy a new sensor (check battery prices vs a new sensor!) and to adjust the pressure I have to remove the sensor (inconvenient). I ran a power cord from my F350 upfitter switches to the center of the dash for a permanent power source and velcro'ed the it to the top of the dash. I would not want 'another' device suctioned to the windshield or loose in the console. I installed the repeater since a trailer sensor would occasionally lose contact with the monitor, annoying because it causes an alarm. Hope this helps.
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #26
Sunnysidebeach

While the tires on my Keystone Bullet are in good shape, three of them are China made. As such, I am always fearful on the interstate.. Sooo I ordered 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires from Goodyear and metal valve stems and CACAGOO Wireless TPMS from Amazon. Amazing enough, everything was delivered yesterday..

The Cacagoo TPMS system from Amazon was under $70.. While I'm sure some of the systems you guys have mentioned are much better systems, they are hundreds of dollars more. I'll do a review on this system, after 6 months of use.
Sunnysidebeach is offline   Reply With Quote