Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm with you. According to Ford, their "available Trailer Reverse Guidance System" will guide you in backing and provide "digitally expanded views" of where the trailer is going based on steering wheel movement"...

I'm not really sure what that is supposed to imply, but for me, I'd sooner trust the neighbor's 10 year old before I'd trust a "available with some optional packages" accessory..... Of course, I don't trust their "parallel parking program" or the lane keeping or adaptive cruise control either.... Come to think of it, I don't trust Google's self driving car any more than Ford's contributions....

I'll keep doing my "back up and pull forward till it's where I want it method..... YMMV
I agree!!!
Wonder what your insurance will say when you back into something & tell them you weren't backing it, the truck was??? So does Ford pay the deductable?? They need to quit designing cars that require less attention from the driver & make them to require more so there'd be less time for calling/texting.

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #22
efrulla

Furion Wireless Observation System. FOS48TAPK-BL. This is the system that you can also use as a full time rear view camera. I refuse to tow my 5th wheel without it being on. As a side note, the camera mount is more than likely wired into the running lights on the trailer.

efrulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #23
moodman

I have the Furrion. Like the camera but hate the monitor. Too small and the resolution is not any better than a grainy old TV.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #24
BobMcC

Backup Camera

I spent WAY too much money, but I like what I finally have installed. Bought this system from 4UCam

https://www.amazon.com/Quad-view-FRC...2595169&sr=1-2 - but I also added two more cameras (side style - right & left side).

Added a camera below the front TV mirror looking forward. Took out the Furrion rear mount from our 5er and installed the rear facing 4UCam. I have 40' toy hauler so I ran a coax nd rubber duck antenna into the pin box area, the wireless was a little too far and too much heavy metal in the way so it was fading in/out until I ran the coax. All four cameras record to a 32GB chip in the monitor, so I've got evidence of what might happen. (including MY SCREW UPS!!!!) More views than anyone really needs, but keeps my co-pilot /DW happy. And, we still use radios when backing up (HA HA!!!!)
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #25
Andymil

I added the Ford camera/TPMS system to my F250, which was pre-wired. It’s hard wired to a plug I installed in the bed for the 5th wheel. It works well enough, but...

It is not an observation camera. It only works in reverse.

It shuts off when you put the truck in “Drive”. You have to re-select the “Aux” camera every time you put the truck in “Reverse”. PITA when parking a trailer.

The TPMS only monitors tire pressure, not temperature.

Andymil is offline   Reply With Quote