Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
GR8DANE

Newbie - Excited and Nervous !!!

Hello fellow members,

My wife, daughter, 2 great danes and I will take delivery of our 2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS on saturday!

This is our first RV and while I am excited, I am also nervous. I have spent hours on this forum and I think it is helping me with many things like set up tips, modifications, service and warranty issues, and "what not to do's"

I feel overwhelmed and know I will screw up some things, but hope it is not something important. I'm sure I will have loads of questions after our first trip in a week.

Thanks again for everyone's contribution to make this site such a valuable resource!

ps: I will try and post pics of our great dane traveling partners
GR8DANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome. If you go to the "KEYSTONE QUESTIONS" section of our forum you will find a great Pre-delivery check list that will help you avoid any problems with your dealer when the trailer arrives. Good luck and enjoy your new trailer, Hank

I'll bet the great danes get any bunk they want!!!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
snow

Welcome to the club just don't ask about the rocking , you can read my post it will save you all the emberrestment?? " did I spell that right"?? Hope you enjoy your bullet , hope your first trip goes good⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
Old 07-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
TAZ23

Hello and Welcome to the forum.
As you seem to have found out there is lots of good info here, and dont be afraid to ask questions (thats how we learn)
Its nice to see some one else from Wisconsin joining. We are from Florence WI. (about 140 miles north of you)
That is a cool trailer. If you bought it from your local dealer it may be the same one we looked at earlier this year Before we decided on our Outback.
Enjoy your Travel Trailer and have fun on your maiden voyage.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
volvosweetie

to the forum. I know you will find wonderful and friendly people on here. We are all more than happy to try and help with anything you need help with. Just ask. I know you will make many happy memories as you camp. Have fun and stay safe.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
fla-gypsy

Welcome to the group and we can definitely help you screw something up! LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
chris199

Welome to the forum!

Congrats on your new rig...make some great memories!!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

Hi and to the group nervous is good keps you in check!! 2 great danes... i thought i was crazy, wait i am with malamutes. hank gave you the link to the pdi info enjoy your camper and all the great adventures you will have. great people here willing to pass along what they learned and steer you down the road to kaos!!!! wisah you all the best
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
azlee56

Do take the checklist with you. I wish I had known about it before picking our Montana up. The things we weren't shown were the 3rd valve for the galley. How to work the stereo, how to work the thermostat and how the duct stuff works. They went way to fast on the water hook ups outside, didn't show us the remote and many more things. I was more interested in the tires (go figure).
Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
28Bunkhouse

Smile

from Canada. Hope you enjoy your new TT. I have a Springdale 281 Bunkouse, any questions please ask.

2011 Springdale 281

2003.5 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins

Rear air bag assist

Northern British Columbia, Canada
28Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
azlee56

I thought of something else they didn't teach us and I was so disappointed. We had the day/night shades and all I could tell was they weren't keeping ppl from looking in, then in May while camping the BF kept looking at them and pulled down on the dark color and it was a blind! Finally people couldn't see. I had read and read and never did see the solution. So have them show you the shades.