Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
fish8it

New Keystone owner and not totally happy

Hello everyone, looks like most of you are not having any issues with your trailers and 5th wheels. Well, let me tell you mine and maybe someone can help. We ordered our 2011 326MKS in November 2010, it finally arrived and we picked it up February 2011. It was then off to Scottsdale, AZ to spend the month of March with the Colorado Rockies baseball team who had just moved into their brand new spring training baseball complex with whom they share with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Anyway, first stop was in New Mexico for the first night and turned on the furnace and found that there was no air coming out of the floor registers. I had to remove the access panel where the furnace is and found out the main heater duct was not hooked up. It was lying on the floor. After getting to Scottsdale, and got things hooked up, found that the hot water line at the kitchen sink was leaking. Did my best to stop the leak but finally had to put a bowl on the floor to catch the water. Some other items I found during the shake down cruise was...the screen door would not latch, toilet seat was loose, the seal under the bedroom slide was not installed properly, found some staples protruding from the wood by the radio. When removing the sewer cap, seems like there is excessive pressure. Sense getting back to Colorado......the rubber roof is starting to get large bubbles in it, the fender skirt (large panel) on drivers side was never attached properly, the electric awning arms on the end closes to the door do not extend like they should, one of the couch front cover pieces fell off. Now for the most pressing issue is the electrical. We finally went dry camping last weekend and we were only able to get a half days use out of the battery. I have never owned a RV where I only got a half day from the battery. The battery the Dealer put in is a group 24 Interstate. Any Idea's of what might be my issue? We are very careful to conserve power. I know there is a cooling fan in the refrigerator and it seems to run allot. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.
fish8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Huskerdude

Hi there ! We have a Bullet Premier 28RLPR, fan on fridge ran alot also, really annoying at nite. So I e-mailed Dometic and they gave me two options, pull the fuse at nite or put a switch on it . I put the switch on it, but they told me it has to be on during the daytime to keep the fridge cool !! Hopes this helps with one of your problems !!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

If your battery is being drained, I would bet it is because you have the Climate Control Switch on your Dometic fridge turned to ON. This switch should be turned OFF when your are using your batteries only - dry camping - or whatever. If you have it in the ON position and are not plugged in, it will soon drain your battery.
The small, rocker switch -- hidden from view by the way - is located on the right-hand side of your control/display panel at the top of the fridge. Look and feel underneath --- to the right!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
caberto

Did you have a pre-delivery inspection walk-through ? It sounds like most of these items should've have been picked up at that time, like the screen door, toilet, vents, etc... They should've gotten everything working for you at the dealership: A/C, heat, and walked through the unit with your to ensure things were tightened down, doors worked correctly, slides functioned and sealed properly, awning worked correctly, etc...

However, some of the items you listed may not have been able to be identified during the walk-through, which is why a short camping "trip" in your driveway, or somewhere nearby is advisable before a major trip - to be able to catch things like this with a new RV.

It sounds like a trip back to the dealer is in hand... have them go through it with a fine tooth comb, and then you do the same when you have that all-important detailed walk through with them again before you drive off with it this time.
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote