Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
BC.Fire94

Picking up our 2017 Montana 3731fl tmrw

We finally get to pick up our 2017 Montana 3731fl , special ordered, tomorrow. It's been a long wait but we are very excited and eager to see our unit and make sure everything we ordered is ready to go.

If anyone else has this unit and would like to share helpful tips, please feel free. It's our first Montana and first front living. So excited but a bit nervous too.

Glad to join the Keystone Forum and all of you!
BC.Fire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy that new rig. Have fun picking it up and make sure you go through it all with a fine tooth comb. Post pictures when you can.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #3
Cbrez

Gorgeous rig !!! Congrats. We toyed with forward living but ended up going with rear living (Montana 3402 RL). No regrets, but can't argue with your decision. 6 slides - awesome !

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Congrats to you and welcome to the forum. Seize the day!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:33 AM   #5
xrated

I just looked up that model and I have to say......What a beautiful home! Very nice and a big congratulations.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
bagged123

Congrats!! We love that floor plan and keep going back and forth between that and the new 3811MS. It'll just come down to what the wife wants
bagged123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

CONGRATS! AND WELCOME. We do love our fl Montana. we are slumin it only 5 slides! it has been a great home away from home and has given us very few troubles. Make sure you do a careful PDI don't let them rush you make sure you see everything work and ask lots of questions. Then enjoy all the adventures best wishes on the new unit.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC.Fire94 View Post
We finally get to pick up our 2017 Montana 3731fl , special ordered, tomorrow. It's been a long wait but we are very excited and eager to see our unit and make sure everything we ordered is ready to go.

If anyone else has this unit and would like to share helpful tips, please feel free. It's our first Montana and first front living. So excited but a bit nervous too.

Glad to join the Keystone Forum and all of you!
Love that floor plan. One of my favorites. Really like the separation it give especially if you are full timing it. I would really be interested in how you like it after you have had a chance to use it a few times. Been looking at the 3730 and the 3790.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #9
Foster

Congrats on the new rig! We will pick ours up Tuesday so please let us know if you find something we should look for in ours.
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 AM   #10
BC.Fire94

Thank you everyone. I will reply individually later today after we finish transferring our gear from our Jayco Eagle to the new Montana. We had the walk thru and PDI yesterday, and we were really impressed with our dealer and tech team. They had our new RV cleaned up and ready for us to inspect in all ways and did not rush us at all. Thank goodness, since this was the first time we saw her after ordering back in November. So we were pretty overwhelmed with the upgrade in fifth wheel, tech gadgets, quality (although we loved our Jayco too), and just the amount of space and such to take in.

Today we do the transfer of gear and then drive off. Yikes and yeah! More after that. Thanks for the welcome and well wishes!
Old 02-04-2017, 06:18 AM   #11
BC.Fire94

Congrats on your new rig!! After our walk through we did notice a couple of changes, we thought good ones. They put a wine rack above the microwave, and they replaced the dining slide light fixture with LED lights. In my opinion it's a great change. Enjoy yours!!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
Jgkopp

Congrats on your purchase. We have the FK and our friends have the FL. They got full paint and I got fiberglass and stickers. Almost a year into ownership and I am waxing with a really good wax. I labeled things better. Here are a few ideas of things I did.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElygXOXXGSc
Jgkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #13
BC.Fire94

Thank you!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #14
cardinal96ss

Congrats. Enjoy. I guess we are really slumming it with only 4 slides. But we like our Montana.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #15
Tom N OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkopp View Post
Congrats on your purchase. We have the FK and our friends have the FL. They got full paint and I got fiberglass and stickers. Almost a year into ownership and I am waxing with a really good wax. I labeled things better. Here are a few ideas of things I did. ...
I did the same thing with the plunger, except I pulled it down into the cavity between the factory caps. I leave the plunger in place all of the time & can still put the factory cap in place on the inside during travel & storage.

2017 F350 CC LB SRW 6.7
2015 Montana HC 305RL
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #16
BC.Fire94

Thanks

Thanks for all the good wishes. Our unit is awesome!!! They chanted out the dining slide light which is great, went to 4 LED lights instead of a traditional looking fixture. And they put a wine rack above the Microwave instead of a cabinet. We'll post some pictures soon, everyone enjoy your RV's!!!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 AM   #17
rrjernigan

Congratulations on the new home. We love the front living as well but have our own recliner/theater seating we purchased a few months ago. It does not seem to fit any of the front living area spaces. We need about 74 inches.
Our new 3811MS is awesome. The bathroom/wardrobe have made getting ready in the morning actually enjoyable. Lots of room to get dressed. Haven't used the front sitting area much yet so I can't say about it. Only downside to this floor plan is the lack of closet space for clothes. Won't matter after I retire but right now I have to keep several suits on hand so things can be a bit tight. Likely we will put a small chest of drawers on the left side of the bedroom fireplace. Already have it picked out (Pier 1).

Good luck
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #18
superduty50

I hope you have good luck with your new Montana.
We bought a 2016 3711 fl legacy, 4 seasons, and res living with everything except the generator. It has been the worst purchase we have ever made. Keystone customer service is the worst I have every had to deal with. (they have NONE) All of the problems that have developed with the unit started after it was 6 months old. Watch out for the leaks from the ac vent over the bed and behind the wardrobe. The microwave quite on the 5th overnite, none of the readings work for the tank levels, and the worst part is the 3 hydr slides open up about 18" while going down the road. (Keystone customer service said to just tie them shut with straps while traveling). We have had it in the shop twice and none of the items have been fixed and we have had no luck getting any help from Keystone. Our next step is to wrap the unit with big yellow lemons on it. This will be our one and only Keystone product.
superduty50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana