Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
Dmax11Avalanche

Power Converter

2011 Avalanche 345TG. Woke up lights very dim, barely burning. Battery very low. Unhooked battery, volt meter to converter shows 13.6volts. Turn 1 light on drops to almost nothing. Power converter bad? WFCO 75 amp. Replace with same or different brand.? Suggestions?
Dmax11Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Power Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax11Avalanche View Post
2011 Avalanche 345TG. Woke up lights very dim, barely burning. Battery very low. Unhooked battery, volt meter to converter shows 13.6volts. Turn 1 light on drops to almost nothing. Power converter bad? WFCO 75 amp. Replace with same or different brand.? Suggestions?

Sounds like it.

Are you saying the voltage drops when you turn on one light, but the volts are up when nothing is on?

Sounds like a bad converter. From what you describe, any load at all is causing the output voltage to drop.

If you do in fact have a bad converter and choose to purchase a replacement (don't know your warranty situation if any), personally I would replace it with a Progressive Dynamics unit. A PD9280 would do nicely. I would also get the remote pendant so you can see exactly what the converter is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
Dmax11Avalanche

You are correct, shows 13.6 until you flip one light on, then almost nothing. I am thinking it should run the lights even with the battery disconnected. Pretty sure it is bad. Thanks for you fast reply.
Dmax11Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, power