Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
youngblood40

Smile Brand new to forum and keystone 311 bhs

I just purchased a 2011 sprinter 311 bhs when i did my research it seemed to have alot of little things that seemed part of all of the sprinter trailer. I live in canada bought from states never asked to many question knew what I wanted did my research tought I new what i was getting/
don't get me wrong its georgeous.
things I tought i was getting but didn;t the dealer told me they don't include them no more

ez track clotheline in tub
picnic table
exterior water station
outside shower station
easy grab handle that folds
cupboards above the bed all there is is a shelf
skylight in tub
outside stove in outside kitchen (they offered to send me one but I have to install)
Electrick jacks

i purchase with
camping made easy package
customer first safety package
premium package (really want to know about this one)
any info on what I am supposed to have and what the premium package is and any info on the model I bought they asure me that all problems with previous models were fix

also all the switches together the last one says on off what is that one for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	311-BHS-Twelve.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	285  
youngblood40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Sprinter.
If you go to the Keystone website (www.keystonerv.com), and find the Sprinter 311BHS, you can read all of the Standard Features --- Interior, Exterior, Living Room, Bath, Kitchen, Bedroom plus the "Customer First Safety Package" as well as the "Camping Made Easy Package". Popular options are listed as well.
I would suggest that you compare what is listed as Standard features with what you ended up with in your Sprinter. If you did not get what you are supposed to have received, then you should contact the dealer about the discrepencies and get them to resolve the problem.
Just glancing at the advertised Keystone features --- it does include a skylight in the shower. And yours doesn't?????
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
youngblood40

Thumbs up a few discrepencies

their is a few things I don't have but is what the dealer saying trues they don't offer them. should I call keystone? any idea what premium package is no description

thanks for quick reply
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

I went again to the Keystone website. According to the information outlined there, these features are standard on your RV:
1. Easy store picnic table (perhaps you can't find it)
2. Spray spout with hot and cold water ( outside shower in other words)
3. Electric front jacks
4. Electric rear stabilizers
5. Exterior grab handle (this handle will fold)
6. Skylight in shower and tub

I cannot understand why the dealer would tell you that these features are no longer included.

I was not able to find any information about the EZ track clothesline, the cupboards above the bed and the exterior water station. You did say the dealer would send you a stove for the outside kitchen.

I think you need to contact your dealer and ask him to explain to you about those features which are standard and should be included with your RV. You should also keep a detailed written record of any and all conversations and correspondence you have with him.

There is something wrong with the picture you have painted here..........I think that you are being or have been taken for a ride!

I would also have printed all of the standard features on the Keystone website for future reference.

Depending upon the response you get from your dealer, your next step might be to contact Keystone and ask them about these features.

Perhaps one of our members will chime in about the "Premium Package"...... sorry, can't help you out on this one.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
KanTC

Welcome to the forum youngblood40,

I skimmed through the online Sprinter brochures (back to 2008), and there's no mention of a "Premium Package" anywhere that I could find. The retractable clothesline & outdoor "water station" were shown in the 2009 brochure, but I didn't see them in the 2010-2011.

The current info & photos on the Sprinter website (advertised as 2011 models) does indeed show some of the other items you mentioned, but unfortunately they're no longer listed as "standard items" in the 2011 brochure. At quick glance - the outdoor stove, 'folding' grab handle, tub skylight, exterior shower, easy-store picnic table, and electric stabilizer jacks are (apparently) no longer available. The online photos & current info is very confusing since the public has no way of knowing (in advance) what changes will be made for the next model year.

In reference to the cupboards in the bedroom... the current online floorplan (advertised as a 2011 model) AND the 2011 brochure BOTH show the 311BHS having over-head cabinets/cupboards in the bedroom = NOT a shelf!

I've posted the brochures (below) for you to compare. In my opinion, I would follow Keystone's own recommended "standard operating procedure" - contact the dealer first! As Festus2 suggested, keep detailed notes of any/all contact with the dealer. The discrepancies are (without a doubt) frustrating - but - do your best to be professional [hold your temper ] and 'kindly' ask the dealer how HE will help resolve the issue of what appears to be *missing bedroom cabinets*.

Sorry this is so long, but hope it helps!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot

2011 Sprinter Brochure (dated Jan 2011)
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...erBrochure.pdf

2010 Sprinter Brochure
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...hure011810.pdf

2010 Sprinter SELECT Brochure
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...nterSelect.pdf

2009 Sprinter Brochure
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...02009_1108.pdf

2008 Sprinter Brochure
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...8_Brochure.pdf
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

It is unfortunate indeed that there would be two different versions of what is "standard" on Keystone's RVs --- one list online on their website and a different set in their printed brochure. I would think that the dealer should have been more upfront with this member who may have based his assumptions and expectations on the research he did online by going to their website.
One would think that Keystone would keep their website and the information ( including standard features) , up-to-date so as not to confuse or mislead potential customers. If this member did not have a current brochure which seems to have the correct available features listed, no wonder he feels frustrated!
Just goes to show that the buyer really has to do his homework and not make any assumptions based on what you see and read on the Keystone website.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
KanTC

I agree 110%, Festus2.

I was surprised to see such a difference between the 2 lists.

Terri
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
youngblood40

Thank you for all the info and i agree keystone should update their info
big difference between the two they are puting the stove back in and they said they will send me one i have to install anyone know how?

ps i love this site

can anyone post pictures of outdoor kitchen stove attachment to camper