Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbenphillips View Post
Update:

I changed out the single battery that was original to the trailer. I purchased (2) EverStart MAXX 24DC batteries and ran them parallel.

I was still having the same issues, so I decided to replace the solenoid AGAIN. This time I went with a Trombetta (Lippert recommended) to replace the knock off I got on Amazon.

Still getting the same results... At this point I'm lost. I can only assume it could be a valve issue?

Any help, I'm all ears...errrr eyes I guess.

I do hope you intended to say EverStart MAXX Group 24 batteries that are 12 VDC !!!!! The system is NOT a 24 volt system !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #22
djbenphillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I do hope you intended to say EverStart MAXX Group 24 batteries that are 12 VDC !!!!! The system is NOT a 24 volt system !!!

Yes, they are Group Size 24DC with 690MCA....

EverStart MAXX Group Size 24 Marine Battery
djbenphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #23
WYRaptor

sorry to resurrect this thread, but did you ever get it fixed? Having an identical issue including hydraulic slides coming out while in storage. Recharged the batteries and landing gear will not retract or extend but I can hear the motor spinning, may be bad pump. I'll take a drill out there Saturday and see if I can operate the landing gear manually.

Update: My landing gear switch broke, so I changed out the switch from a six pin to 4 pin switch. Landing gear jacks still would not retract with either battery, shore power or auxiliary back up (drill). I traced the lines and there is a solenoid on one jack to isolate the cylinders from the pump, mine is on the passenger side only. I found the Lippert manual and the valve must be opened manually with a 5/32" allen. Now landing gear extend and retract normally as long as the solenoid is manually opened. So I may have a bad solenoid or electrical connection.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ers_Manual.pdf