Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Keep in mind that the little wear spots on your hose come from the hose vibrating against the steel in the bumper. Whatever you do needs to address that issue. I had to go to a 5x5 white plastic fence post from Loew's. The 4x4 was just too small.
The 4x4 very well may be too small. The hose fits in it fine now, the vinyl gutter bends nicely to 4", and it's thin, but I don't exactly how much it will affect the hose inside the bumper. Ran out the door with my keys to the RV and shop to get the gutter and check.......but I forgot I had taken the trailer to CW for some work yesterday Guess I'm going to have to attach a body cam to myself and review it every hour or so so I'll know what I've been doing...dagnabbit
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #22
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Guess I am not sure exactly what you are asking. The majority of the references in my previous post including my sewer mod address the use of a gutter inside a container to avoid sliding the actual hose in the container. Basically hose is put in the gutter which is then slid into the container avoiding wear to the actual hose.

The majority if not all those mods in those references had no bumpers therefore we needed to attach a container to the rig. Most containers were either pvs round pipe or square 4 or 5" vinyl fence post. Again gutter were inserted in some containers.

No I do not remember any posts addressing gutter inserts into the bumper. Reason maybe bumper size?? In my implementation I use a 4x4" fence post and the gutter just fits in there and the viper sewer hose connection just fits it the gutter.

So I would say if your bumper is 4x4 or larger, I see no problems.

UPDATED:Correction that referenced 4x4 is actually 5x5
Hmm, I have always liked this mod but mine came with a sewer hose cubby hole in the front skirt by the landing gear, complete with latching door. I can fit two 10' hoses with caps, swivel elbow and clear elbow. Probably can get more in there if I tried. At least that's what I think it's for. But maybe I should check and it might be my missing gravity fill.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #23
Frank G

A lot of good advice here. Good sewer connector, clear 90 deg adapter to see what is going on, and a quality hose. Don't forget one of those slinky hose support things. (remember, s*** only flows downhill) I store all my sewer stuff in a HD plastic tub I got from the Big Box Store. Occasionally I give everything a bath in some soapy bleach water.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #24
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Hmm, I have always liked this mod but mine came with a sewer hose cubby hole in the front skirt by the landing gear, complete with latching door. I can fit two 10' hoses with caps, swivel elbow and clear elbow. Probably can get more in there if I tried. At least that's what I think it's for. But maybe I should check and it might be my missing gravity fill.
HAHAHAHA Now you really impressed me. I to have that little tiny tiny opening, I use that to store my sewer fitting, My short sewer hoses for a TOTE, and spin on valve. I think it was a year or so I keep looking at that tiny opening and saying WHAT DA He..l Is This For, yes, asked Dealer (deer in the head lights). I am impressed that you got all that stuff in there, unless they enlarged that area when they removed you fresh water fill, I would love to see a video of you getting that stuff out of there If it ever gets warm around here I will take a picture of that door. I will make sure to ZOOM in so you can see it. I highly recommend adding the 5X5 under the garage area, As stated in my previous post I found the lowes receipt for all the parts. My post is out there with others. No drilling with these c hangers.

Yes if that area is that big I would check in there for that gravity fill port
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #25
notanlines

Frank, I had to laugh at your statement "s--t only flows downhill." A couple years ago a couple in our RV park were using their black tank rinse and hadn't opened the dump valve. Pretty soon stuff was running over the roof and down the sides of their Cougar. It wasn't as bad as you might imagine. About 2 hours with a garden hose and it all but disappeared, but he never lived that down.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #26
Javi

Honestly, I can't believe that y'all spent this much time worryingly about a $20 piece of plastic whose only purpose is literally to carry crap from point A to point B.

Javi
Old 03-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #27
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

I guess it is a northern thing, remember we are still freezing up here, Oh Crap
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:09 AM   #28
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
I guess it is a northern thing, remember we are still freezing up here, Oh Crap
Well, I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to design and manufacture a ten cent part, while making a profit doing it...

Problem is the customer only needs (wants to buy) 500 a year and the only way to make it for his target price is with a $5000 die in quantities of 10K....

On the bright side... it was 78 degrees here yesterday...
Old 03-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #29
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Honestly, I can't believe that y'all spent this much time worryingly about a $20 piece of plastic whose only purpose is literally to carry crap from point A to point B.

Javi
That's because cabin fever is taking a death grip on them. It will all be over soon....

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water