Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
Paddyge

Kitchen Grey Water Leak

Anyone know where to get a plumbing schematic for Keystone products? I can't find any sort of tech manual on line.

We have some sort of leak in the kitchen grey water holding tank (3700RL), that only leaks when the tank gets full.

Neighbors think there is an overflow valve on the tank. One person thinks that a drain connection has worked loose.

We can leave the dump valve open and not have a problem, but we'd rather get it fixed.

I can get at it though it looks like a real pain to do so. If it takes me time to get to it...imagine what it will cost to get the dealer to do it at $100+/hour.
Paddyge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 AM   #2
jsmith948

There shouldn't be an overflow as it would overflow into the underbelly. There have been posts on here regarding grey water tanks having cracked or having the vent pipe connection come loose or never was glued in the first place. If you can remove a few screws along the coroplast, you might be able to shine a light up around the sides of the tank and be able to see the leak?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #3
Ayotte

we are having same trouble with black tank. Only happened once-filled tank right full to do a good flush and never leaked until right full. Will have to check it in the spring. I'm thinking it is probably a loose vent pipe. It ran out to fast for a small crack.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If it only leaks when full, then most likely cause is as mentioned a loose or broken vent pipe.

A loose drain connection would leak pretty much anytime you have any water in it.

If you can determine where the gray tank is, go on the roof and find the vent. Remove the cover and see if you can pull on the pipe. If it comes out, your issue is the vent. If it doesn't then the tank is probably cracked.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyge View Post
Anyone know where to get a plumbing schematic for Keystone products? I can't find any sort of tech manual on line.

Paddyge:
Keystone does not provide schematics of any description - plumbing, electrical, etc. - to either their dealers or customers. Many members have asked about this and unfortunately they just aren't available so save yourself time searching for tech manuals on line or in print form.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
vmyoung61

Took our Big Sky in for warranty issues. One of which was the sensors not working on the galley tank. Camping World of Bartow, FL, decided to fill the tank to capacity to see if they could get the sensors to work. The next call from them was to inform us we had a leak. We still haven't been able to get them to tell us what happened, but a new tank is on the way. Guess that means it was bad . . .

vmyoung61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Campy

Almost bet the connections were never glued properly and pulled apart. I found that on several camper I have worked on.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
golfer1john

We are about to have the galley grey tank replaced for the 2nd time on our 2012 Montana. The repair shop said it was cracked the first time, and think it is cracked again this time. Near the top, as it only leaks when it is full or nearly full.

I'm wondering if there isn't something about the way it is installed that is putting excessive stress on it and causing it to crack. The other grey tank, and the black tank have had no leak problems.

If you don't have an extended service contract, get one. We've gotten our 7-year premium money back twice so far, in two years. I have Cornerstone, because that's what my favorite repair shop sells, and they have been very easy to deal with, and the cost is quite reasonable.
golfer1john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #9
vmyoung61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campy View Post
Almost bet the connections were never glued properly and pulled apart. I found that on several camper I have worked on.
You were exactly right. After getting the new tank, they dropped the old one and discovered there was nothing wrong with it. The glue never bonded the pipe to the tank. Now, I'm wondering if we can expect the same thing from the other two tanks.
vmyoung61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #10
CraigB

I have a 2013 3402. The kitchen gray tank got a crack about 1/2 inchs long near the low point. Fixed it with an ABS repair kit.

CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water tank, leaks, schematics