Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Maine Camping

New Member - Bangor, Maine

Just bought our first travel trailer a 2014 Passport 238ML. My wife and I have 2 young children and look forward to enjoying many trips to come.
Maine Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Camping View Post
Just bought our first travel trailer a 2014 Passport 238ML. My wife and I have 2 young children and look forward to enjoying many trips to come.
Welcome! We're in our 2nd week of a four week trip from Colorado in our new 238ML. We've been in Scarborough for 2 weeks and are headed to Bangor for 4 days this Friday, then back towards CO.

Enjoy the new trailer!
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
BobnLee

Welcome to the forum..... Been through Bangor a couple of times. You sure dont have far to go to have some great camping. We loved Campobello Island which is 300 yards off the coast of Eastport Me. Got to thank you guys for building the bridge to get us there.
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
BobnLee

Campobello Island is quite unique. It is actually in New Brunswick Canada. To get there through Canada you have to take a very small ferry to Deer Island drive around to the other side of the island and then take a second small ferry to Campobello. FDR had a summer cottage on Campobello so the US built a bridge so he could get there. No gas or many stores so you just back and forth to Maine for these items. Great provincial park there and a great restaurant that serves fresh lobster which you pick and the lady at the store will take you out the back where the pot is always boiling and you drop them in and wait. The East Quoddy light house is apparently the most photographed lighthouse out there. The tides are so hight you can walk down the rock by way of ladders out onto the ocean floor and then up the ladders onto the light. After you leave and the tide comes in you cant believe there is 20 ft deep water separating where you walked to get to the light. Worth the trip Maybe go there this year again
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
GaryWT

Hey congrats and enjoy. Met the owner of Red Barn Campground at the Portland RV show and really liked them. Hoping to get to the Bangor area to go there. Have a great summer.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Maine Camping

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to taking delivery and going out on our first trip!

Birchboy do you have any recommendations for items that I should buy before heading out on the first trip?
Maine Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Camping View Post
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to taking delivery and going out on our first trip!

Birchboy do you have any recommendations for items that I should buy before heading out on the first trip?
There's lots of threads here for stuff that needs to be packed. First thing that comes to mind is tools, sewer/water connections, tire-changing gear and patience. When you think you've packed enough patience, pack a little more :-)
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote