Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Bstaabjr1

How to remove loveseat recliner

My recline mechanism is not working on our loveseat (2016 Cougar 29rli fifth wheel). I need to flip the loveseat over to work on it, but am not familiar with the fasteners. They appear to be some kind of threaded post. Has anyone removed their loveseat, and can shed any light on this? Thanks, Bob.
Bstaabjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Seven Gable

I have a Cougar 336BHS so it probably has similar furnishings.

I have the theater seating which is two attached recliners with an armrest between them. I am assuming individual recliners may be anchored similarly. I had to move the theater seating to make room for moving one of the dining benches. The table top would not fit between the benches how it was delivered. Going by memory from when I did this last spring, the recliners are attached to each other with a light gauge steel framing. An angle runs along the front of the recliners and has two screws on each side that go through the angle into the floor. Take all four of these screws out and the unit will come out. Take note of how far the screws stick up from the frame (mine did about 3/8"). I am not sure why they were not screwed all the way in but I think it is so the screws do not extend through the slide out floor.

Good Luck
Seven Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #3
Bstaabjr1

Thank you for the response. I did take my tools down to the storage facility last week to find out exactly what you stated. Apparently the posts I had originally looked at were part of the furniture frame. Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
Bstaabjr1

Problem solved

After being outsmarted by the frame, only to find out the recliner is held down by some screws (difficult to get at I may add) as Seven Gable stated, I found the root cause of my issue. See photo below. Release mechanism had come undone, and my tension spring had sprung. After a few email exchanges with Lippert Interiors in attempt to get a replacement spring, the representative did locate a replacement mechanism for me, at the bargain price of $250. I quickly learned how to rewind the spring into some sort of assemblance, and after a few attempts, got the spring, mandrel, mechanism, bolt and nut together, and the release mechanism is functioning. Looking forward to reclining in Jonathan Dickinson State Park in a couple weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	15335