Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
pamelakirwin

Laredo sound problem

We left my mother at home with a movie. We came back and nothing works. The remote for the TV no longer works, and that may have nothing to do with our other issues since we called the viewsonic people and they are sending a new remote.

Our other issue is the Jensen is on, but no sound comes through the speakers. We have all the speakers on, AB and C but nothing. Also, The TV does not even recognize that the DVD is playing.

Anyone know how to get behind the TV to see if the wires have come loose?

I can see wires up next to the TV if I lay with may head in the cabinet below but can not figure out how you access the wires without knocking down a wall?

Thoughts?

Pam
pamelakirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

I took my Tv out for the winter and it was pretty simple. It was easier with 2 people. I just lifted the Tv up and out of the swivel. There's not much extra on the wires so thats when the other person noted where they plugged into and unplugged them. And when I put it back this spring we did the opposite.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
Jim W

I do not know if this will help but I will try? I believe that Cougar uses the same set-up in all of their models of campers, I could be wrong .

First; put new batteries in the remotes for the TV and the Jensen radio.
Second; eject all DVD and Cd's from the stereo unit and turn it off.

Now Turn TV off either with the remote or the button on the side of the TV.

Turn on the radio and press the AM/FM button, is the radio on? Is sound coming out of the speakers? If not then check the fuses to see if they are good? Might be several that will need to be check. One is in the electrical panel, also check circuit breaker? You might have to remove the radio from the cabinet, I believe there may be an in line 12V fuse behind the radio.

If the Radio works then move on to the TV. Turn radio off and turn TV on.

Does the TV work with the normal TV stations and is sound coming out of the TV speakers? ( Make sure TV volume is up to mid point) If not check fuse at the main electrical panel. Is the Mute button turn off?

Now with the remote, select the input button and toggle down to either video 1 or 2 and select one of them, for your DVD. The one that is connected to the TV will show you the Jensen Logo, when the DVD is turn on. Place a DVD in to the unit. When the DVD is playing is sound coming out of the radio unit speakers?
Is the remote mute button turn on?

This may seem like basic steps, but this is how you trouble shoot a problem. I always start with the easy things first then work through to were I need a repairman for help.
I hope this helps you.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, laredo, no sound, sound, speakers