Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
govols380

Solarflex 400i

Well, my wife and I have a new Outback 221umd with the 400i. All but the converter and the apps seems to be in order. I've installed a physical charge control monitor, and have ordered the physical inverter remote, but so far haven't figured how to physically monitor the smart shunt.

Thoughts?
govols380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
RacerX

I usually use the smart app from Victron, however if you want an always on monitor I also used an old Kindle Fire with the google play Victron Connect version. Big screen, low power draw and can be set to stay always on and is an inexpensive device.

For us it needs to be mounted near the front of the trailer or it won’t read the Bluetooth, but it is functional.

There is also a VE direct port on the shunt which can hardwire to a Victron monitor but that would involve running a wire to the shunt and purchasing the Cerbo GX or maybe the BMV-712 monitor. Both were overkill for our purposes. I haven’t dug into the logic and connectivity of those approaches.

Tags
solar