Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
Versatile

2018 Laredo 325RL Grey Tank(s)

Does anyone know if this 5th wheel has one black and two grey tanks? If so where is the pull for the second tank or is it all internal? Sensors show grey1 empty but grey2 is showing 2/3 full and I don't want to overflow anything. Am I worrying needlessly?
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
RoscoeV

It only has one grey tank. Here is a link to the specs:

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-...-325rl-tr34451
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Pathway X2 with DISH Wally
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
KOZKO

My spec says 1 68gal but I actually do have 2 34gal. Yes there are 2 separate grey tank handles.

2018 Laredo 340FL
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummins Diesel (6’4” bed)
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
B&W Turnoverball
JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
KOZKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeV View Post

The link indicates one tank...at 78 gal. The Keystone site just says 78 gal. I have seen many links with specs on trailers that indicate one gray tank when they actually have two. It appears you have the same trailer. Do you have 2 gray tank monitors and do they both show empty/full with the same amounts, some in one and the other stays empty, when dumped both show empty etc.? It shows you have a 2019 so not sure how much you have used it. My thoughts are there are two gray handles; 78 gal. is HUGE gray tank for that size trailer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
RoscoeV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The link indicates one tank...at 78 gal. The Keystone site just says 78 gal. I have seen many links with specs on trailers that indicate one gray tank when they actually have two. It appears you have the same trailer. Do you have 2 gray tank monitors and do they both show empty/full with the same amounts, some in one and the other stays empty, when dumped both show empty etc.? It shows you have a 2019 so not sure how much you have used it. My thoughts are there are two gray handles; 78 gal. is HUGE gray tank for that size trailer.
Yes, I have a 2019 and it only has one pull handle for the gray tank but if I remember correctly it has two indicators on the monitor. During the PDI the tech stated there was only one tank. I'll have to check the monitor next weekend. If I do have two indicators, I'll run water in the shower and kitchen sink and see if both indicators change.
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
RoscoeV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZKO View Post
My spec says 1 68gal but I actually do have 2 34gal. Yes there are 2 separate grey tank handles.
Kozko, are both your grey water handles in your water compartment? BTW, I'm originally from Swissvale. I still have family in Port Vue, Trafford, Turtle Creek and Cannonsburg.
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Old 07-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
bobbecky

Look along the frame either forward or to the rear of the axles. Many times there will be a second pull for a tank that is too far away from where the other pulls are located. On our rig, there are two pulls in the convenience center, one gray(bath) and one black, and then to the rear of the axles, the galley(gray #2), there is a pull for that tank. Sometimes there is a little sticker on the skirting indicating where the pull is.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Yes, I have a 2019 and it only has one pull handle for the gray tank but if I remember correctly it has two indicators on the monitor. During the PDI the tech stated there was only one tank. I'll have to check the monitor next weekend. If I do have two indicators, I'll run water in the shower and kitchen sink and see if both indicators change.
There may be just one large tank, but my sales guy told us the same thing and pointed out the two large handles for the main gray and black; wasn't even aware of the one behind the J panel thru the frame. My other concern with the OPs situation is the 2/3 reading on the 2nd tank. If there was no tank = no sensors = no reading to me. We just had another member going thru the same situation looking for the 2nd handle - not the same trailer but the same indicator/full tank/can't find handle issue. Hopefully your trailer will shed some light if the OP is unable to resolve.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #9
Frank G

The Laredo 325RL has two (2) grey water tanks. The pull handle for the shower, sink is in the water compartment next to the black tank pull handle. The pull handle for the kitchen sink is under the skirt just to the right of the water compartment. There should be a sticker on the side of the unit just above the pull handle.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
RoscoeV

Now I'm very curious. I'll have to take a ride to the storage lot this evening and check it out.
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Old 07-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #11
travelin texans

Don't know whether you have 1 or 2 tanks, but I do know don't give too much credit to your sensors being even close to accurate. Some will say thiers are dead on accurate, but mine & most everyone I've talked to are so inaccurate that they're totally useless regardless of how much you rinse or which magical elixors you add to them.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #12
Versatile

Quote:

Thank you very much for the confirmation.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
Versatile

Thank you very much for the confirmatiln of what we were thinking.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You need to look at your trailer where FrankG said it was. IMO chances are 90+% that there is a handle there. The link is to RVusa which has posted many erroneous facts pertaining to holding tanks in my experience. In fact, their site also says FrankG's trailer, the same as yours except 2017, has exactly the same specs and one holding tank - he has the trailer and says there are two. Keystone does not list how many holding tanks there are on any of the trailers on their website that I've seen. On mine, and all others I remember, the total gallons listed for gray water should be divided by 2 to give you the size of one of the holding tanks.

I think you will be doing yourself a favor to find that handle before you actually need it in the dark and have to crawl around looking for it.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #15
RoscoeV

I confirmed that there is a second grey tank pull handle to the right of the water compartment along the frame to the left of the sewer connection.

Thanks Frank
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Old 07-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Now, we have confirmed what I said about rvusa. I'm glad you found it and didn't go down the road thinking the link was correct. We, as owners, HAVE to dig into what we have and determine what's what.....links to questionable stuff have to be questioned.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #17
KOZKO

Quote:
Kozko, are both your grey water handles in your water compartment? BTW, I'm originally from Swissvale. I still have family in Port Vue, Trafford, Turtle Creek and Cannonsburg.
No I have 1 gray handle in front of the wheels under the skirt in the side of the frame and 1 in back of the wheels next to the black handle also under the skirt in the frame. I also have 2 sewer connections adjacent to a the handles. Oddly the front gray and black (rear handle) come to the sewer in front of the tires and the gray handle In back next to the black handle is only for that one back sewer connection.

Greetings from McKeesport

2018 Laredo 340FL
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummins Diesel (6’4” bed)
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
B&W Turnoverball
JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
KOZKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #18
Versatile

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!! Problem is now solved - yes there are two gray tanks and it shows two tanks on the monitor. The second pull is under the trailer directly below the gray tank label. Pulled that handle and the monitor now shows empty. After reading all the replies, I suspect the gray pull by the black pull is the shower/bathroom sink and the pull underneath is the kitchen sink.

I appreciate all the responses and they all helped to put the pieces of my puzzle together.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #19
Ron 325RL

325rl

The 325RL has 2 gray tanks. if there are indicator lights it has to have a tank hooked to it. The hidden one is behind the skirt below and to the right of the water compartment door.
Ron 325RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:44 AM   #20
dfintel

I have the 17 model...there should a sticker to the right of the water mechanical box on the outside of the camper. The handle is directly below it next to the frame. Also...be careful with the grey vs black... unfortunately there was a prankster at Keystone that switched the labels. We found out the hard way... Pulled the grey handle
and black water come out.
dfintel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo, tank