Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2023, 07:26 AM   #1
donja

2020 Bullet 248RKS Phantom Draw

Hi all. Apologies for yet another question about phantom draw, I could not find a similar thread in the forums. Also apologies if this isn’t the right forum for this thread.

I have a 2020 Bullet 248RKS. I am running two Renogy 100Ah lithium batteries, and an EcoFlow DeltaPro with 800W of solar panels. My issue is this: with everything in the trailer off, the fridge running on propane and the AC power from the DeltaPro disconnected, I am still drawing consistently on the order of 170W from the batteries. If I turn the fridge off, this drops by about 8W, so there is a modest DC load coming from there, but it doesn’t come close to explaining the draw.

If I plug the DeltaPro in, it shows a drain of 300W but presumably that is higher because it is also recharging the batteries. I have pulled all the fuses and shut off the breakers, and there is a small but not significant drop in the draw with things like the CO alarm and stereo standby offline. So what could be pulling about 170W consistently with no apparent load? I should also mention that it didn’t use to be like this, this’d has started in the last six months or so. Before that, even when running the fridge off power (once it had cooled), I had a total load of about 75W. So something has happened.

One possible clue is that there is a very audible fan sound coming from behind the fuse panel. I assume that this could have something to do with the inverter, which I am guessing is back there.

I would be grateful for any thoughts, or if anyone has experienced something similar (and what you did about it). Many thanks!!!
donja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet