Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
judia

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum. Just ordered a Bullet 243BHS which should arrive mid-May. We are so excited! I sold my 2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH and have been a member of the Forrest River Owners Group. Found so much valuable information there.
Went from a tent, to a pop-up, to the Clipper and now to the Bullet for a little more room but still light weight, easy to tow, etc.
Any Bullet owners out there who might have hints of what to look for during the PDI? Problems to watch out for?
The FR group recommends Equalizer or Blue Ox WDH's but my dealer is pushing the Trekker (eaz lift) WDH with Adaptive Sway Technology. It is pricier, natch.
Look forward to learning more about our Bullet.
judia
judia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
WNY Bullet

Welcome from another member jumping from a Clipper to a Bullet. We made the change on November and drove it straight to storage, so I really can't help with what to look for in the PDI, but will be watching this thread for info from others.

We went with a Fastway E2 WDH which looks similar to the Equalizer system, but haven't had much travel time with it yet.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
busterbrown

Hello from Michigan and welcome to the Keystone world. We're glad to have you. I own a Bullet and used this "walkthrough checklist" as my guide on my delivery day. It's pretty comprehensive. The PDI technician let me have about 2 hours on my own to inspect what I wanted after his initial 2 hours of showing me the coach.

I hope your walkthrough goes smoothly and you'll be rolling soon in your new Bullet. Good luck and again, welcome.

edit: Let us know what you're pulling your coach with and we can give you some good suggestions to a good WDH and sway control setup.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
CrazyCain

Welcome to the forum from Commerce Twp, Mi. Great place and great people. Enjoy

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. I would be inclined on the Equalizer since I have one. I've never owned an eaz lift but when I was buying hitches it was sort of a non starter due to its performance. I would recommend you look for reviews on it - and price shouldn't be a consideration (Eazlift used to be cheap).....on various forums, google, etrailer, cw etc. Watch out for the great reviews from those that just bought '"their first trailer/hitch" - those need some perspective. I had a Blue Ox many years ago.....I now have an Equalizer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
Gegrad

Welcome from North Carolina.

I used the Equalizer hitch setup on my old Passport and found it to be a good setup. Very easy to install/uninstall the weight bars.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:28 AM   #7
judia

Thank you all for the responses! Have copied the PDI checklist into a WORD document to take with me, thanks! Definitely things I never would have thought of. Will definitely research WDH reviews. (Good thing I have until May).
We are towing with a Toyota Tundra, TRD Off Road with factory tow package, 5.7 (?), V8.
Haven't checked the door sticker, but think the tow capacity is 10,000 lbs. Will go out if it ever stops snowing from our latest Nor'easter and note payload, etc.
Dry wt. of Bullet is 4703, hitch wt. 555, carrying capacity is 1797. Am thinking the Equalizer 10k would work. My husband hates camping so most of the time it is just my daughter, 7 yr. old grandson and me to take those bars off and on. If we camp locally, my husband will drive the TT to the campground, help me set up, and then go home, LOL. Clipper had Husky Centerline and we found it very difficult to work with.
My main worry now is delivery date. Promised by May 14th but I know how that often works. We have reservations for Memorial Day and dealer will loan us "something" if the Bullet is not here.
Again, thank you all, great to meet you. Am sure I will have a lot of questions.
judia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags