Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2018, 04:40 AM   #11
vampress_me

1) I agree with everyone that first, see if you can use an electric heater temporarily until, this is settled.

2) if you are working oil and gas fields, is there a mechanic that would let you borrow (or come over and use themselves) an infrared thermometer. The diesel mechanics I know have one in their toolbox, so it’s an idea. If not, can you get Amazon to deliver a thermometer to your campground or the field office by you?

3) Can you start by sending your dealer pictures of what is going on? Like the picture you posted here. Our dealer let me send them photos of what our issues were to at least give them an idea of what was happening so our camper didn’t have to sit in their lot waiting for long and then could get in for the necessary work right away. Also, the photos may give them a larger sense of urgency to actually see the charring around the vent.

4) is the charred-looking area stiff and “crunchy” when you touch it? Does it smell burnt if you stick your nose by it? Or is it still pliable/ flexible like normal vinyl flooring? I’m just wondering (hoping) if it could be a discoloration from something else versus way too high temps from the vents. The edges of the vinyl still look whitish in the photo, not blackened like the top of the vinyl? So maybe there’s hope it’s not scorching and is just a bad discoloration?

5) mainly curiosity, but what was the temp registered by the meat thermometer?

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, vent