Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
TG10894

Mounting a TV on the outside

I would like to mount an external TV mount for my Cougar 21 RBS on the outside wall under the awning. I have a new articulating arm that fits the existing inside mount, so I now have an articulating mount with two "receivers" that I can mount inside and outside. The thought being that I could move the TV outside if I wanted to and use the existing external cable & AC outlet. Its a small 28" TV so its no big deal to move the TV and articulating arm around. PIC of receiver below.

Question - Is there a good way to mount something to the external wall? There is no "install TV here" decal, so I would need to find a stud in the wall and NOT hit anything else. I could seal the holes with sealant, but I need to make sure I get the screws into something solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2664.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	19004
TG10894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
TLB

I too am mounting a TV outside and wondered about stud location until one humid morning the trailer decided to show me were they were located.
You can always tap on the side and listen for the difference in sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Studs.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	19006  

2014 Passport Elite 31RE

2017 2500HD Crew Cab
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Frank G

For what it is worth you may want to do a trial run before you drill those holes. Our Laredo came with a TV in the outside kitchen, thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... You can hardly see the thing when the sun is out even in the shade. we hardly ever use it. It can be annoying to your neighbors, the only exception is "Game Time" and you and your buddies are cracking a few cold ones.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
For what it is worth you may want to do a trial run before you drill those holes. Our Laredo came with a TV in the outside kitchen, thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... You can hardly see the thing when the sun is out even in the shade. we hardly ever use it. It can be annoying to your neighbors, the only exception is "Game Time" and you and your buddies are cracking a few cold ones.
^ What Frank said. Tried it in the previous 5er. The tv has to be in the shade or we couldn't see it.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote