Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #21
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Did you buy one yet? Anxious to hear whether or not you like it.
Not yet, our planned trip for my birthday took a nose dive, but I will buy one before we go again..
Old 10-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #22
garroum

I purchased the tire minder TPMS with the range extender and blue tooth. I’ve used it a few times with no issues to date. It is not as accurate as a good tire gauge which the company publishes in their manuals. It’s accurate within a pound or two.
garroum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
Larry1013

I thought about upgrading my TireMinder TM-66 (A1A) to the Smart TPMS but like some others, didn't like the idea of the app needing to be open to view the pressures. I decided to upgrade the TM-66 monitor to the TM-77 monitor. It came with the Rhino booster. I like the larger screen on the TM-77 and fixed antenna.

I started off with the TM-55 and gradually added 12 sensors to it. 7 for the truck (dually and spare) and 5 for the 5'r (4 tires and spare). Upgraded to the TM-66 monitor that used the same booster as the TM-55.

I did not like the antenna's on the TM-55 and TM-66 being extending and stow able. Was always fearful i would bend or break them. The TM-77 had a short fixed antenna that i do not need to worry about. The TM-77 screen is about 25% bigger overall than the TM-66. Easier for us old guys to read. I do like the way I can separate the trailer from the truck on the TM-77 so I do not get alarms when using the truck locally.

Was pricey to get up to 14 sensors (2 spare) but I feel what I have spent on the system is worth it so i do not have to worry about a tire going flat or overheating. The system did save my bacon once with one of the metal valve stems worked loose and lost enough pressure (65psi down to 50 psi) to sound an alarm. I was able to pull over, identify the problem, tighten the external nut so I could make it to the next exit. At the next exit, I fired up the generator, plugged in the small air compressor and filled the tire with air.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:38 AM   #24
CT Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1013 View Post
I thought about upgrading my TireMinder TM-66 (A1A) to the Smart TPMS but like some others, didn't like the idea of the app needing to be open to view the pressures. I decided to upgrade the TM-66 monitor to the TM-77 monitor. It came with the Rhino booster. I like the larger screen on the TM-77 and fixed antenna.

I started off with the TM-55 and gradually added 12 sensors to it. 7 for the truck (dually and spare) and 5 for the 5'r (4 tires and spare). Upgraded to the TM-66 monitor that used the same booster as the TM-55.

I did not like the antenna's on the TM-55 and TM-66 being extending and stow able. Was always fearful i would bend or break them. The TM-77 had a short fixed antenna that i do not need to worry about. The TM-77 screen is about 25% bigger overall than the TM-66. Easier for us old guys to read. I do like the way I can separate the trailer from the truck on the TM-77 so I do not get alarms when using the truck locally.

Was pricey to get up to 14 sensors (2 spare) but I feel what I have spent on the system is worth it so i do not have to worry about a tire going flat or overheating. The system did save my bacon once with one of the metal valve stems worked loose and lost enough pressure (65psi down to 50 psi) to sound an alarm. I was able to pull over, identify the problem, tighten the external nut so I could make it to the next exit. At the next exit, I fired up the generator, plugged in the small air compressor and filled the tire with air.
That's one of the main reasons I got a TPMS, you can check your tire pressures religiously before you leave but you can't know what's happening as you drive down the road unless you have a monitoring system.

I have the TST 507 with the standalone receiver with no booster and all the sensors report with no problem. I love the piece of mind driving down the road and being able to glance at the monitor and see what's happening. Of course not having to crawl around checking tire pressures is pretty sweet too.
CT Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #25
Larry1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Wanderer View Post
That's one of the main reasons I got a TPMS, you can check your tire pressures religiously before you leave but you can't know what's happening as you drive down the road unless you have a monitoring system.

I have the TST 507 with the standalone receiver with no booster and all the sensors report with no problem. I love the piece of mind driving down the road and being able to glance at the monitor and see what's happening. Of course not having to crawl around checking tire pressures is pretty sweet too.
If I had it to do over again, I would look into the TST 507 and the flow through sensors as removing the Tireminder is a slight hassle but manageable. Now, I am too far down the road with the number of sensors and the cost to change over is a bit on the high side at this point.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote